ONE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER ONElightning strikes

CHAPTER ONE
lightning strikes

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

OKAY, LISTEN. JULIET St. James definitely still had these huge stupid feelings for Barry Allen that she had when she was younger, but boy, did he manage to annoy her at times.

It wasn't unlike Barry to be late. However, as Juliet stood there on the streets of Central City by a crime scene by herself — for probably the fifth investigation in a row — annoyance ran through her veins. He was always running in at the last possible minute that Captain Singh would give him, and the CPPD couldn't start the investigation until both CSI's were there to get evidence. That meant that Juliet had to wait for Barry to come, however long it took. So there she waited, her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes anxiously glancing to the watch on her wrist multiple times as she leaned against one of the pillars outside of the bank.

"Second robbery this week," Fred Chyre announced, and Juliet turned to see him and Joe West (basically a second father to Juliet) approach her.

"The teller I.D.'d Clyde Mardon as the shooter," Joe revealed.

"What? Oh, jeez, the Mardon brothers are back?"

"What do we got?" Captain Singh asked as he joined their small group.

Joe handed him two pictures that showed the mugshots of the Mardon brothers. "Perps took the bank, shot out the cameras, and as a chaser, killed the security guard over there." He nodded his head over to the body covered in a yellow tarp that laid on the road. "I've got unis kicking in doors of known Mardon brothers associates."

"CSI been over it?" Captain Singh suddenly asked, and Juliet turned to see him, Joe West (basically a second father to Juliet ), and Fred Chyre group around outside the bank.

Joe looked down at the ground, obviously embarrassed by the fact Barry was late. "Uh, no."

"St. James," Singh voiced, and Juliet looked up to meet his gaze. "Where's Allen?"

She shrugged, because truthfully, she had absolutely no idea. "I'm not sure, Captain."

Singh sighed. "Look, St. James, I know you two are friends, but you can't cover for him forever. If he doesn't come soon—"

"I know," she interrupted.

Barry — as if on cue — then ran up to stand beside Juliet, out of breath from running with his own CSI case slung across his shoulder. "Sorry I'm late, Captain Singh." He then looked down at the girl beside him. "Sorry, Juliet."