FIFTY

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FIFTYfor the boy that has everything

CHAPTER FIFTY
for the boy that has everything . . .

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

"WELL, SURE, THERE'S a bit of a risk," Thawne insisted from his cell, coming through the screens.

Juliet rolled her eyes, settling herself against Barry's chest more comfortably. They had all gathered back in the cortex to confront Thawne about what Professor Stein had found, and sure enough, Thawne seemed to not care at all that he could destroy the world — his only focus was getting back home.

"I would hardly refer to possibly causing an extinction-level event as a bit of risk," Professor Stein argued.

"Yeah, and your Accelerator's been about as reliable as the beater I drove in high school," Joe added.

Thawne chuckled. "Let me ask you a question. How many Metahumans, how many dangers have we faced this year together? Or did you forget that was me fighting alongside each and every one of you? I have been planning this for almost two decades. It will work."

"And how do we make sure we don't open a black hole in the middle of Central City?" Cisco asked.

"So, once the wormhole stabilizes, Barry will have one minute and fifty-two seconds to alter the past and return to this time."

Juliet's mouth fell open in shock at that, and she let out an incredulous scoff. What the actual fuck? That little time?

"If and when he does that, you can close the wormhole, and we can all live happily ever after," Thawne continued. "Almost two minutes. More than enough time to save Nora."

"But not enough time to stop you from going home?" Barry questioned.

He spread his hands. "Everything's a choice."

"And what if I'm late?"

"You won't be. I believe in you, Barry. Always have. So I guess the question is, do your friends and family believe in you as much as I do?"

Caitlin then reached up and turned off the screens, completely getting Thawne away from their faces and stopping their conversation completely. Barry shook his head and removed himself from Juliet's side, heading in the direction of the treadmill room. Juliet frowned and immediately followed him, probably knowing better than anyone what was going through his mind.