TWENTY-SIX

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXI need something you proof

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
I need something you proof

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

SAVING PEOPLE WAS probably one of the most rewarding things as a superhero.

There had been a terrible car crash into a telephone pole, one that resulted in the car flipping upside down with two people still inside and the telephone pole being caught in sparks. Juliet had teleported there by herself, her and Barry agreeing that it was a one-person job this time. She ignored the firefighters behind her and tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

Juliet took a step back. She held out her hand, concentrating on the car door. It squeaked under her concentration and she brought her hand back towards her, successfully ripping the door off of its hinges. She moved her hand to behind the car, where she dropped the door. Juliet slightly climbed inside and held out her hand to the man first since he was the closest.

"Give me your hand," Juliet instructed. "This is going to feel really weird, okay?"

The man gripped onto her hand. She closed her eyes and focused on the two of them, teleporting them away a safe distance from the car.

Juliet nodded once to the man, who stared at her in amazement. "Stay here."

She then teleported back to the car to save some time. Juliet had to climb further into the car to reach the woman. She held out her hand, and the woman took it.

"Same thing. You'll feel tingly and it'll all be over."

The woman nodded. Juliet closed her eyes, feeling the heat of flames come up behind her. She teleported her and the woman away from the car as it exploded. They landed next to the man that Juliet had just saved.

Upon seeing the woman, the man instantly took her up in his arms and held her close. They shared quiet I love you's, which made Juliet smile softly to herself. These were truly the moments she lived for.

The man looked over at her. "Thank you . . . Scarlet."

Juliet's smile slightly widened and she nodded to the couple. She watched them for a moment longer as they hugged each other again before teleporting away, heading back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Juliet instantly teleported into her regular clothes, putting her suit back on the mannequin. Cisco had rolled it out to inspect the dirt that she had gotten on it.