TWENTY-EIGHT

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHThey, hey, you, you, I don't likeyour girlfriend!

hey, hey, you, you, I don't like
your girlfriend!

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of suicide, somebody trying to commit suicide

EVER SINCE BREAKING up with Oliver, Juliet's life just seemed like one huge version of Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.

Barry had taken Caitlin's advice of finding someone new to be crazy for. And it wasn't Juliet — it was Linda Park, the girl who gave Barry her number at the karaoke bar.

Juliet had to be okay with that. She had dealt with it her entire life with Barry liking Iris. And Linda was nice and pretty. Besides, she was fresh out of a breakout, she couldn't just jump into something new, especially with somebody who potentially didn't like her back.

She should've liked Linda. Yet, the resentment for the girl that she was dating Barry was rising up within her. Linda didn't deserve that, so, like always, Juliet buried her feelings deep down into the depths of herself.

It was the night of Barry and Linda's date (Barry had told her all about it, which made her heart sink even further into her stomach), and all Juliet really wanted to do was sit at home and eat ice cream with Iris. However, she was sitting in the cortex of S.T.A.R. Labs since she was the lone superhero for the night.

Juliet spun around in one of the chairs, moving red energy back and forth between her fingers. The alarm that noticed them there was a crime taking place then sounded. Juliet sat up straighter as Cisco rounded around the desk of computers to look.

"Robbery at the convenience store on Brand and Paulson," Cisco told her. "Go along and save the little old lady, JJ."

Juliet stood up, her eyebrows knitting in confusion. "Did they say that it was a little old lady?"

"No . . . but it's always a little old lady."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah, yeah. I'll be back."

Juliet teleported into her suit before teleporting to the convenience store. She had stopped the robbery in a matter of seconds, and the cops literally came right after she stopped it. Juliet went back to S.T.A.R. Labs and got back into her regular clothes, slumping back down into her chair.