TWENTY

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY
he's back

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

CHRISTMAS TIME WAS arguably Juliet's favorite time of the year. The decorations, the gifts, the spending time with family . . . everything about it just made her so happy. She would finally see her little sister, Noelle, and her parents on the actual day of Christmas for the first time since waking up from her coma, and saying that she was excited was an understatement.

But for now, she sat in Joe's living room, the same exact one that she had spent many Christmases in with Joe, Barry, Iris, and Noelle. She sat on the couch next to Barry, A Christmas Carol on the T.V. Iris was in the kitchen. Joe was currently decorating the tree, and Juliet and Barry were taking turns on handing him ornaments.

"There's only two boxes left," Joe voiced.

"You know, at this rate, we'll be finished by Easter," Barry replied.

Joe laughed at that. However, Barry looked up, a wide grin on his face.

"Don't even," Joe began.

In a flash of yellow lightning, Barry got up and started to decorate the tree. Juliet had barely moved the hair that had blown in her face out of the way when Barry flopped back down on the couch, smiling in satisfaction at the fully decorated tree.

"Okay, the only red-suited dude I want in this house right know is Kris Kringle, you got it?"

Barry rolled his eyes and stood back up. He then sped around the tree, taking off all the ornaments he had just put on. After sitting back down next to Juliet, he placed an ornament in Joe's outstretched hand. Juliet shook her head, a soft grin on her face.

Iris then came back into the room, a tray of four mugs in her hand, and gave Barry and Juliet a scolding glance. "Uh, these ornaments are not going to hang themselves."

"Mm-hmm," Barry hummed in agreement.

Iris then handed each of them a mug. "Grandma Esther's recipe, light on the bourbon."

Joe took a sip and slightly winced. "I always loved her definition of light." He then pulled his ringing phone out of his pocket. "And the Christmas tradition continues." He answered the phone. "Detective West. Yeah? All right." He hung up. "Sorry, kids, the D.A. wants to ask me some questions. Make sure there's some nog left for me when I get back."