TWO

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWOordinary turned extraordinary

CHAPTER TWO
ordinary turned extraordinary

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

WHEN JULIET WOKE up, the first thing that she noticed was that she was hopelessly confused.

Her entire body felt tingly, her mind was spinning, and for some really weird reason, Poker Face by Lady Gaga was playing. She slowly fluttered her eyes open only to be met with the sight of a strange room. Her eyes trailed down to see herself in a hospital bed. Her breathing escalating, Juliet slowly sat up and looked around. The room had a row of computers, and she was hooked up to a bunch of machines. A boy with long hair and a girl with strawberry blonde hair were both staring at her in shock.

"What . . ." Juliet whispered, her anxiety getting the best of her as she pulled the wires off of her. "Who . . . where . . ." Her eyes then widened upon noticing the unconscious boy lying next to her. "Barry!"

She touched his bare shoulder, but when she did, a red spark emitted from him onto her skin. Juliet quickly retracted her hand from the shock, but as she did so, Barry let out a sharp gasp and sat up.

"Oh my God!" the long-haired boy exclaimed.

"Where am I?" Barry immediately asked, very panicked. He then looked over at Juliet. "J?"

Juliet was too busy freaking out to be smitten by his shirtless state. "I genuinely have no idea what's going on."

"They're up," the strawberry blonde girl commented.

The boy then held up a walkie talkie to his mouth. "Dr. Wells, get down to the cortex, like, right now."

A flashlight was then shined in Juliet's eyes by the girl, making her squint and lean back. "Pulse ninety, pupils equally reactive to light." She did the same to Barry. "Pulse one-twenty, same thing."

"Pulse one-twenty?" Juliet repeated to herself.

She then pushed herself out of the bed, the sheets falling off her bed to reveal her in nothing but a sports bra and a pair of leggings. Juliet stopped for a moment to regain her balance before pressing the palms of her hands to her temples in effort to stop her mind from spinning.

"Hey, hey, woah, woah, relax, you two," the boy encouraged gently. "Everything's okay. You're at S.T.A.R. Labs."

"S.T.A.R. Labs?" Barry asked. "Who are you?"