THREE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER THREEcontrol, juliet, control

CHAPTER THREE
control, juliet, control

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THERE'S A SORT of heart-wrenching, soul-crushing feeling that people get when they see their crush kissing another person. The world seems to go in slow motion and the mind starts to spin, and it's unclear if that feeling will go away any time soon.

Juliet knew that's exactly what Barry felt in that moment.

They had returned to Jitters the next day in search of Iris, only to find her kissing Eddie Thawne through the window. Juliet, already having pieced everything together after their interaction yesterday at CCPD, looked worryingly over at Barry. Barry was staring at the window, hurt flashing across his face. He didn't know, but Juliet felt that way every single time he looked at Iris lovingly. That's why she felt so bad for him, because she felt bad for herself (yes, she knows it's selfish, let's move on.)

She let out a sigh and put her hands into the pockets of her jacket. "I'm sorry. I know how much you like her."

Barry shook his head. "I should've known that I would never have a shot."

"That's not true," Juliet gently argued as Iris caught their gazes through the window. "Nobody can say what the future may hold, Barry."

Iris quickly hurried outside, and the three of them began to walk down the rainy street of Central City in silence until she finally spoke up. "You can't tell my dad. He doesn't know about me and Eddie."

"Doesn't seem like anyone's in on the secret," Barry replied.

"I was gonna tell you and Jules, but then Juliet kind of figured it out on her own—"

Barry instantly rounded on Juliet. "You knew?"

Juliet raised her hands in surrender. "Their gazes at each other said everything. It's not my fault you're completely oblivious."

"Guys," Iris interjected. "When you two were in the hospital, Eddie covered my father's shifts so that we could both be with you. I thanked him with a cup of coffee, and things just kind of . . . happened. And it's good."

"Dating your partner's daughter — isn't that against department regulations?" Barry asked.

Juliet instantly rolled her eyes. She got it, Barry was upset over the whole situation, but that really didn't give him a right to try and shut down Iris' happiness.