FORTY-SIX

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FORTY-SIXyou can hear it in the silence

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
you can hear it in the silence

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

CAITLIN WAS IN the midst of doing a brain scan on Juliet and Barry, the two of them sitting on the bed together in the treadmill room. Juliet was still a little shocked of how she had fought off Grodd, and how her eyes had turned completely red. That was something that had never happened before, not without her doing it willingly. Maybe it meant she was going stronger, but Juliet didn't know. She always learned new things about her powers considering Dr. Wells hadn't trained her as much as Barry.

"You're experiencing a spike of activity in your primary motor cortex," Caitlin explained. "It's the same thing we saw in Eiling. The images you two saw were some kind of psychic attack by Grodd."

"First Eddie gets taken by the Man in Yellow, and now my dad—" Iris began, looking down at the ground with tears in her eyes.

"We're gonna save both of them, Iris," Barry reassured her, pulling the scanner off of his head and standing up, Juliet doing the same. "I promise you."

"Hold up," Cisco interrupted. "I put a tracker in the tranq dart you shot Grodd with. As soon as it activates—"

"No, Cisco, we can't wait for that. J and I will search every inch of that sewer if we have to."

"And what happens if you find them?" Caitlin asked. "What happens if Grodd takes over both of your minds the same way he did with Eiling? What if Juliet fighting off Grodd's mind control was only a one-time thing?"

"It won't be," Juliet stated firmly. "I can keep him out of my head. I proved my mind control is stronger than his."

"Can you guys build me something?" Barry questioned. "Some kind of tech so he can't get into my head?"

Cisco sighed. "I don't know. Maybe if Dr. Wells were here."

Juliet shook her head. It just seemed like that was their luck, wasn't it?

"I don't understand," Iris admitted. "Every day you guys figure out a way to help people. All of the Flash and Scarlet's powers and all of this equipment, and you can't save Eddie and my dad?"

She then walked out of the room. Juliet stared after her with a frown.

"We'll figure something out," Caitlin told Juliet and Barry softly.