THIRTEEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER THIRTEENthe flash & scarlet

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
the flash & scarlet

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

IN SHORT, JULIET was pissed.

After her conversation with Iris, she had gone back to the CCPD to get some work done. However, a text from Caitlin had come through, saying that Barry had not only met up with Iris as the Streak again, but had gone after Tony by himself and was completely beat up. So beat up, in fact, that Cisco and Caitlin actually had to go rescue him themselves. Juliet now stood in the cortex, her arms crossed against her chest as she stared at Barry.

"What were you thinking?" Dr. Wells demanded. "What were you thinking? I told you that we would figure out a way to deal with him, using both you and Juliet."

"I'll heal," Barry insisted.

"You can't heal when you're dead."

"He's right," Juliet agreed, watching as Barry stood up. "Barry, why didn't you call me? The only way we know how to stop Tony, at least temporarily, is me. Were you not there when we encountered him for the first time and I knocked him back?"

Barry exhaled. "I know."

"Then why?"

"I didn't want you to face him again," Barry protested. "I saw how what he did to you affected you. All I want to do is protect you, J."

Her eyes momentarily softened and some of her anger faded away. Barry kept his gaze on her, which truly said that he meant every word.

Juliet sighed. "I appreciate that, Barry, I do, but I'm not some damsel in distress. He hurt me, and now that I'm powerful enough, I can finally hurt him back. It's my battle, too."

"He could have killed you," Dr. Wells added.

"I know, all right?" Barry stated angrily. "I know! In the past thirty-six hours, I've had my ass handed to me twice by the guy that tortured me as a kid and totally violated Juliet. I couldn't stop him then, and I can't stop him now! Even with my powers, I'm still powerless against him."

"Not necessarily. Cisco?" Dr. Wells looked over at him, and Cisco moved to stand behind the computers. "Any material, if struck at a high enough velocity, can be compromised."