TWENTY-FIVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEbleeding love

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
bleeding love

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

"LITERALLY WHAT THE fuck," Juliet said.

She was sitting in a seat at a table at Jitters with Barry next to her, her forehead on the table right next to the latte she had gotten. Her and Barry had agreed to meet Iris there to catch up. Juliet was excited to hear all about her new job that she had gotten at Central City Picture News (her best friend was going to be a reporter!), but everything was sort of dimmed because of the news that Dr. Wells had just told them.

Barry rubbed circles on her back comfortingly, a solemn look of his own on his face. "I know, J."

"No, no, no, I am having the worst day ever," Iris' voice stated, making Juliet look back up to see her approaching them. "We both can't be having the worst day ever, okay? And I was really looking forward to getting some good complaining in."

"Don't mind me," Juliet told her, tucking a hair behind her ear and taking a sip out of her latte. "Go ahead, 'Ris."

"Okay, well, turns out that the real reason they hired me is because they think I have some sort of connection to the Flash and Scarlet, which I don't," Iris revealed, making Juliet frown. "Not anymore. And I've been teamed up with Mason Bridge, who is a legend, who I admired, before he told me I was a worthless, talentless millennial."

Barry nodded. "Well, the people we admire aren't always who we'd like them to be."

"Well said. So, I'm screwed."

"No you're not," Juliet argued. "Listen, you're Iris motherfucking West—"

"Tone it down, Juliet," Barry cut in with a small laugh.

"⁠ —and if this Mason guy doesn't see you for the talented journalist that you are, then his writing is probably shit."

Iris stared at her. "He won the Pulitzer. Twice, I think."

"Oh," Barry replied softly. "Good for him."

"Thanks, you two. Having someone believe in me, it's, um, a small . . . really, really big thing."

Juliet gave her a small smile. "We're always in your corner. You know that."

Iris then got up from the table to go order herself some coffee. Juliet took a small sip of her latte, suddenly feeling the table buzz. She looked down, only to see that Dr. Wells was calling Barry. The two of them shared a glance.