TWENTY-NINE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINEif the world was ending

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
if the world was ending

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

UNBEKNOWNST TO RONNIE-STEIN, when he had picked Juliet up and flew her into the air, she had actually discreetly put a tracker on him so he wouldn't fully disappear anymore.

Juliet, Barry, Caitlin, and Clarissa all went to the location where Ronnie-Stein had been tracked. They found him in a secluded area, one where homeless people usually stayed. He was sitting underneath a walking ramp in the shadows.

"There he is," Caitlin stated. "Looks like the tracker Jules placed on him worked."

Barry nudged Juliet's side with his elbow. "You really got flown up into the air?"

"Yep," Juliet replied as Ronnie-Stein crawled out from under the shadows. "I never want it to happen again."

"Professor Stein?" Caitlin called.

Ronnie-Stein sighed. "I told you to stay away from me."

"And I will, but there's someone else who wants to talk to you."

"Martin?" Clarissa asked, making Ronnie-Stein stop in his tracks. He turned to look at her, and Clarissa cautiously approached him. "Do you know who I am?"

Ronnie-Stein's chest heaved up and down as he stared at her. "Clarissa."

"Is it really you?"

"I don't know. I hear the other inside of me. He wants to go home." He looked at Caitlin. "To her. But we can't. I want to be me again."

"Martin . . . what's my favorite color?" Clarissa questioned.

"You could — you could never decide, so you chose stripes," Ronnie-Stein answered. Clarissa gasped and reached out to touch his face, but Ronnie-Stein pushed her hand away. "You shouldn't see me like this."

Clarissa, however, placed her gentle touch on Ronnie's face. He leaned into it, clutching onto her wrist like it was his lifeline.

"I see you," Clarissa cried. She placed her other hand on his arm. "I see you, Martin. These people can help you. They say they can. Please let them."