FORTY-NINE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FORTY-NINEgoing back in time

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
going back in time

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

WHEN OLIVER ASKED Juliet and Barry about that favor, she just wasn't really expecting it to be right away. However, this seemed urgent, so Juliet couldn't really blame him for asking them to do it so quickly.

So, Juliet had actually found out what and where Nanda Parbat was. It was a hidden city beneath the Hindu Kush mountain range, where the League of Assassins was. (Juliet still could not believe that was a thing.) Oliver had apparently sent Felicity, Thea, Ray, Laurel, Diggle, and Malcolm Merlyn there and left them to go back to Starling with the leader of the League.

Honestly, Juliet was still confused. She didn't know what the fuck was going on with Oliver, or the whole virus in Starling City in general. All she was told was that they needed to rescue everyone from the city, which Juliet was more than happy to do.

Juliet had teleported her and Barry to Nanda Parbat. The city was indeed very hidden. She had them up high on a rock, staring down at the ruins below. It was quiet — very quiet. The only light inside seemed to be by fire and lanterns. She guessed the twenty-first century hadn't reached them yet.

"Be careful," Juliet ordered to Barry. "Assassins, remember? If I haven't lost you to any of these Metahumans, I better fucking not lose you to assassins."

"You will not lose me to assassins," Barry promised. "And I better not lose you to assassins."

"With my powers? No way." Juliet pressed up onto her toes and kissed him quickly. "Meet you inside."

Barry sped away from her. Juliet let out a deep breath and teleported inside, only to find herself in a hallway. In front of her was two guards covered from head-to-toe except their eyes, leading a woman prisoner somewhere. Juliet walked forwards, but the clicking of her boots caught the assassins' attention. They immediately turned around and pointed their weapons at her. She barely spared a glance at them and continued walking while flicking both of her hands to the side, sending both of them flying into the wall. They crumpled to the ground, now unconscious. Juliet stopped next to the woman and used her mind to unlock the chains, which clattered to the floor.

She gave her a two-fingered salute before teleporting away. Juliet jumped around a couple times, knocking out a couple assassins along the way, before she got to where Barry was and walked inside a room. It was quite large, and four more assassins were chained up together in the middle, all struggling to get out. On the far side was what seemed to be a pool of water with candles surrounding it.