FORTY-FIVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVEmind control versus mind control

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
mind control versus mind control

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

EDDIE WAS TRULY missing.

No matter how hard Juliet and Barry searched, they literally could not find him at all. Which was hard to do, since they could appear anywhere in a matter of seconds. Dr. Wells must've taken him somewhere incredibly hidden.

Juliet stood with Barry and Joe in the precinct the next day. She held a folder in her hand, and the two were going over some evidence. There had been a lot of robberies lately, ones that they couldn't seem to figure out anything about.

"Where is Thawne?" Captain Singh asked, walking out of his office.

"He took some personal time," Joe answered.

"Yeah, uh, Eddie's been going through some stuff, Captain," Barry added.

"Yeah, aren't we all?" Captain Singh argued, and Juliet slightly shrugged. Fair enough. "You got anything on these gold store robberies? Perps hit up two more in the last week, and we still got nothing."

"We're working on it," Joe replied.

Juliet nodded in agreement. "We have some tests running up in the lab, and we're just waiting on the final results."

"All right, well, pick up the pace," Captain Singh said. "And see if somebody can contact the Flash and Scarlet. Maybe they can help speed things up, or materialize things out of thin air. You know what I mean. Get going."

Joe turned to the two when Captain Singh walked away. "Anything?"

"No," Barry responded. "I mean, we've looked everywhere."

Joe sighed. "Keep looking."

"Of course, yeah."

The two went back up to their lab and finished up some work. They had to go back to S.T.A.R. Labs, which, honestly, seemed kind of in disarray now that Dr. Wells was gone, even as much as Juliet hated to admit it. She let out a deep breath as she pulled her coat on, stopping next to Barry's desk.

"Hey," Iris greeted, and Juliet looked up to see her walking fast into the lab.

"Hey," Barry stated. "Uh, J and I are heading out right now. What's up?"