THIRTY-ONE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONEsaving firestorm

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
saving firestorm

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET WAS KIND of struggling with the fact that she could alter realities.

She didn't know how, she didn't know why. Some fabric in time and space must've ripped when that red chemical combined with the lightning strike from the Particle Accelerator, but why her? She was just an ordinary girl, and now she had this whole new weight on her shoulders. What if she did it accidentally? What if she caused the Earth to fall apart? What if she suddenly made it that nobody existed?

To say her mind was spinning out of control was an understatement.

She stood in S.T.A.R. Labs the next day, having rushed over due to an urgent call from Dr. Wells. Apparently, General Eiling had stormed into S.T.A.R. Labs and took Professor Stein away. She stood in the cortex by the computers with Barry while Caitlin, Cisco, and Ronnie stood behind them.

"He didn't hurt you?" Barry asked.

"Barry, I told you, only my pride is hurt," Dr. Wells answered. "Unfortunately, I'm not in the position to take on armed soldiers."

"Where do you think Eiling took Professor Stein?" Caitlin questioned.

"I imagine some off-the-books military research facility."

"We can't just let them have him," Juliet argued. "We have to go get him back."

"Easy," Dr. Wells instructed. "Eiling has already demonstrated he has the weaponry to disable the Flash and Scarlet, or worse."

"Well, we can't let him turn Stein into a weapon," Caitlin stated.

"How do we find him?" Ronnie inquired.

All of them turned to look at him. If Ronnie and Professor Stein were connected, he had the answer.

Ronnie looked around at all of them. "What?"

They brought him back into the treadmill room. Ronnie laid back on the bed while Caitlin hooked him up to the machines. His vitals got displayed across the computer screen. Juliet was sitting next to Barry on a table, vaguely aware of the way their shoulders and thighs were pressed up against each other's.