SIXTEEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER SIXTEENoliver queen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
oliver queen

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

AT SOME POINT of life, people fall into the major case of the feels. When hearts just get too small to hold all of the big emotions inside.

For Juliet St. James, it was one of those days.

Emotions are usually thought of as unique, personal phenomena — and people start to believe that no one else feels the way they do. There's a sort of basis in science for every emotion felt, whether it be anger or love. As a scientist, Juliet knows there's nothing magical about what makes people feel something for someone else.

But then she locks eyes with Barry Allen, and he gives her that smile, that damn smile, and fuck, that cannot be science.

Juliet stood on the newest crime scene with Joe, her arms casually crossed over her chest. Barry had stopped a bank robbery and a shooting earlier while Juliet worked on one of her cases upstairs — she had gotten too far behind, and as much as she hated it, she allowed Barry to go alone. He could handle it, anyways.

"Hey," a familiar voice then greeted.

Juliet looked over. Barry had just walked in with his case full of CSI things over his shoulder. She offered him a small smile, her heart beating against her chest at the way he smiled back at her. Juliet then turned to face forwards again to survey the crime scene, completely missing the way Barry's eyes lingered on her for just a few seconds more.

"Busy morning," Joe commented. "Witnesses reported seeing a red streak?"

"Joe, J, you should've seen it," Barry replied. "It was like everybody in here was trying to kill each other. I got here just in time."

"Well, it must've been a diversion, because there's a half a million bucks missing from the vault," Joe announced, the three of them walking further onto the crime scene. "There's a tracer in the cash stacks. We're trying to find the signal. Meantime, any idea what could've caused such mass . . . this?"

"Could be a neurotoxin," Juliet suggested. "Barry and I can swab some surfaces and see if we come up with anything."

Barry shrugged. "But I think maybe they got whammied."

Joe stared at him. "Did you just say whammied?"

"I got so angry," Juliet heard, and she turned to see a witness talking to Eddie. "I can't believe I did that. I would never hurt anybody. You have to believe me."