FORTY-ONE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FORTY-ONEpretending to be somebody else

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
pretending to be somebody else

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THOSE WHO KNEW about Dr. Wells' secret — aka Juliet, Joe, Cisco, Caitlin, and Eddie — all gathered in Joe's living room. Juliet sat on the arm of the armchair, absentmindedly moving some red energy between her fingertips.

"Where's Barry?" Eddie asked.

"He should be here any second," Joe answered. "I sent him out for—"

Barry then sped in, as if on cue, and set down multiple boxes of pizza on the table. "Pizza!"

"What?" Cisco exclaimed.

"From Coast City?" Eddie questioned.

"Supposedly the best in the west," Barry replied, shrugging off his jacket. He then turned to look at his girlfriend, smiling softly down at her. "Hey."

"Hi," Juliet responded, inclining her head a bit as he leaned down to kiss her gently.

"Why did I not think of this before?" Cisco inquired, opening a pizza box. "Come to papa."

Joe looked at the girl on the stairs and gestured to the pizza boxes. "Caitlin?"

Caitlin shook her head. "I'm not hungry."

Barry then handed a slice of pizza to Juliet. She gave him a gracious grin and took a bite as he grabbed a slice himself, settling himself down into the chair, his arm pressing up against her hips.

"Okay, six months of investigating Harrison Wells has led us nowhere, so we're going back to the beginning to see what we can find out," Joe announced.

"What does that mean?" Eddie asked.

"Road trip, baby," Cisco revealed, clinking his beer bottle against Joe's.

"Joe and Cisco are taking a trip to Starling City," Juliet explained.

"Starling City?" Caitlin repeated. "What for?"

"To investigate the car accident that Dr. Wells was in with Tess Morgan fifteen years ago," Joe said.

"I — I don't understand. Why?"