FORTY-THREE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FORTY-THREEyou and me forevermore

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
you and me forevermore

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET KIND OF felt like she was floating out of her body. Here she stood, in a white braille-like room, with the yellow suit of the Reverse Flash who was Harrison Wells who actually wasn't Harrison Wells, staring up at a hologram of a newspaper that said Barry was going to vanish in a crisis.

"Flash Missing: Vanishes in Crisis," Cisco read out loud.

Barry took a step closer to the newspaper, and Juliet followed after him, her eyes scanning along to the words he was saying. "After an epic street battle with the Reverse Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light."

"Barry, look at the date," Caitlin said.

Juliet's eyes slid to the top of the newspaper, and her eyes immediately widened. Underneath The Central City Citizen read April 25, 2024.

"April twenty-fifth, 2024," Barry stated, his eyebrows knitting in thought. "Guys, w-when J and I fought the Reverse Flash at Christmas, he said that we'd be fighting for centuries."

"Wait, you can't really think that this is from . . . the future," Caitlin replied.

"That would mean Dr. Wells, or whoever he is, is also . . ." Cisco trailed off.

"From the future," Juliet breathed out, her mind spinning with all of the new information that had loaded her in the past couple of minutes.

"I have to say, I'm really digging the brighter red suit. And the white on the symbol? That's dope. Wait a second. Suppose we now change the color on your suit. Will it be because we got the idea from this picture? That would mean we're living in a causal nexus. This — wow. This is so trippy. Like, Marty and the Polaroid trippy."

Juliet blinked at him. "Cisco, you're making my head hurt."

"Not as trippy as the name on the byline," Caitlin admitted.

She then looked at the byline, and Juliet's heart slightly stuttered for a second.

Iris West-Thawne.

Juliet's mouth slightly dropped open. "Oh my God, no way." She tugged on Barry's head a little. "Iris is marrying Eddie. And we know." Her eyes widened. "How am I going to keep this a secret? Does that mean I get to be a bridesmaid?"