FIVE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER FIVEfind the prime

CHAPTER FIVE
find the prime

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET STOOD IN her lab with Barry a couple days later. Multiple boxes of doughnuts that Barry had eaten were strewn across the table. Juliet had managed to steal one, but she still couldn't believe how much Barry had to eat to keep his metabolism up. Also, he didn't gain any weight because of his enhanced metabolism. Totally unfair.

The two of them were going over the two shootings that had happened in the gun store and at the award ceremony. Footsteps were then heard, and Juliet looked up to see Joe walking into their lab.

Barry sighed. "Come to yell at us again?"

"Simon Stagg's head of security was murdered last night," Joe revealed. He handed Juliet plastic evidence bag. "The coroner took some skin samples. Hopefully they belong to the killer. See if you can find a match."

"I don't think it's much of a coincidence that someone working for Stagg was attacked last night," Juliet admitted.

"I'm going to interview Stagg now."

"I'll come with you," Barry offered.

"Your job is in here with Juliet," Joe stated. "Stay in here and do it."

Iris then walked in. "Hey, dad."

"Hey, baby." Joe kissed her cheek as Juliet began to open the evidence bag. "Gotta go."

"Why is my dad mad at the two of you?" Iris asked, setting her coffee down on Juliet's desk.

"Work stuff," Barry answered, joining Juliet's side as she placed the swabs into the tester. When Iris didn't say anything, the two of them turned to look at her. "Why are you mad at us?"

"You two were supposed to meet me at Jitters to give me some scientific background for my article."

Juliet wanted to slam her head against the wall. "Oh my God, I'm an idiot. Barry, we're idiots. Why are we so forgetful?"

"And now I have to come up with a new article topic in twenty-four hours or I fail the assignment," Iris voiced.

"Iris, we—" Barry began.