THIRTY-SEVEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVENdon't you know you're my lifeline?

don't you know you're my lifeline?

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JAMES JESSE'S WORDS had stuck with Juliet. He had created a bomb big enough to destroy all of Central City, and this copycat had stolen it. She stood restlessly in the cortex with Barry, Joe, Dr. Wells, Cisco, and Caitlin after they had left Iron Heights. They had just rewatched the video of the new Trickster, the very same one James had gone crazy in.

"This was posted a few hours ago," Dr. Wells began. "Whoever this Trickster is, he's certainly not shy."

"Well, not every criminal likes to hide in the dark," Barry replied.

Juliet's head snapped over to Barry, giving him a warning glance that said shut up. Wow, he was not being subtle at all.

Joe spoke up first, wanting to move past that. "Cisco, can you trace where the video was posted from?"

"I tried, but this guy is using some crazy Felicity-caliber scrambler like I've never seen," Cisco answered. "The origin of the upload's coming from hundreds of different locations. Until he uploads another video, it's gonna be tough."

"This psychopath has the capability to destroy the city," Barry insisted.

"Hey, I said tough, not impossible."

"Barry, we'll catch him," Caitlin reassured him. "We always do."

"Mr. Allen, a word, please?" Dr. Wells asked.

Barry looked over and shared a look with Juliet. She put a reassuring expression on her face, even though she didn't really want Dr. Wells to be alone with Barry. Barry sighed and followed after Dr. Wells into the treadmill room, his hand brushing against Juliet's arm as he passed her. It sent shivers up her spine, but she ignored it for now.

Juliet slowly walked up to Joe, crossing her arms across her chest. She could feel the energy sparking in her fingertips, basically begging to be released. The two shared a worried look with each other. Juliet just hoped that Barry's not-so-subtle comments had made Dr. Wells suspect what they were thinking. Finally, after a few moments, footsteps sounded, and Juliet looked up to see Barry coming towards her.

Barry walked up to Juliet and took his elbow in her hand, walking them away from everyone else as he lowered his voice. "I have to go."