TWENTY-SEVEN

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENfate & destiny

fate & destiny

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET WOKE UP the next morning to a splitting headache.

She groaned, her eyes slowly fluttering open. Juliet saw a familiar ceiling and looked down. She was in Oliver Queen's bed alone and the sunlight was peeking through the curtains. Juliet pushed herself up, the covers falling off of her to reveal her wearing one of Oliver's shirts and a pair of his sweatpants. She pressed her palm to her forehead. God, how much did she drink last night?

"Good morning," Oliver's voice stated, and she looked over to see him standing in the doorway with a glass of water.

Juliet might've been shit-faced drunk, but she could still recall Oliver acting strange around her when she came. She lowered her hand from her forehead and lowered it back into her lap. Oliver walked further into the room and handed her the glass of water along with two pain pills.

"Hey," Juliet responded. "Thanks."

"No problem." Oliver watched as she put the pills in her mouth and swallowed them with water. "Do you remember anything?"

She slowly nodded. "Uh, yeah, a little bit. Sorry for showing up so randomly, by the way."

"It's all right. I'm glad you did, because . . . we need to talk."

"Okay." She sat up a little straighter. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry I didn't answer your texts," Oliver told her, staring ahead at the wall. "But, Jules . . . I've been thinking. Thinking that we — we need to end whatever we have."

She would be lying if she said she wasn't expecting that, but it still felt like an absolute punch to the stomach. Juliet averted her gaze from looking at him to looking at her lap, watching the sunlight shine on the water in the glass she was holding. She could feel her heart sink into her stomach. Maybe her and Oliver weren't meant to last, but they still could've had something. They did have something.

"Oh," she whispered.

If Oliver really believed that, she wasn't going to fight for them. She didn't want to keep holding onto something when the other person didn't show any interest. Juliet knew she was worth more than that. It might've hurt, but she clearly had to let . . . whatever they had go.