THIRTY-EIGHT

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHTI love you, for real

I love you, for real

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

WHEN JULIET TELEPORTED into the abandoned warehouse that the Tricksters told her and Barry where Henry was, she saw Henry Allen sitting in a chair with a box hanging menacingly over his head. Henry blinked in surprise when she materialized in thin air in front of him. Juliet smiled and gave him a two-fingered salute before looking up at the box.

She raised her hand and focused on it, an image of the inside of the box flashing inside her mind. Juliet could see multiple knives, pointing downwards, waiting to drop. Red energy traveled from her fingertips down the rest of her arm and surrounded around the box as well, illuminating the dark warehouse red. As Juliet held the knives in place, Barry sped in, and in a flash of yellow lightning, him and Henry were gone.

Juliet lowered her hand, letting go of the concentration she had on the box. Instantly, it opened, and all the knives fell downward, embedding themselves into the leather of the chair, right where Henry had just sat. She shrugged casually and teleported back outside.

The sight she was met with made her heart warm. Barry had the hood of his suit down, and him and Henry were hugging, both of them with wide smiles on their faces. Juliet took her own mask off. After all, it was Henry.

Henry noticed her standing there and let Barry go, pointing at her. "You're so cool, Jules."

Juliet let out a small laugh. "Thanks." She bounded up to him and hugged him tight. "I'm so glad you're okay."

She pulled back a little and glanced up at Barry, only to see him already staring at her. Juliet gave him a soft smile, and Barry reciprocated it, making Juliet's heart flip-flop.

The next morning, Juliet, Barry, Henry, Joe, Cisco, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells (Juliet kept her distance from him) all gathered at S.T.A.R. Labs. Juliet stood with her back leaning against the wall and her arms crossed against her chest to the little alcove where her and Barry's suits were displayed. Barry was standing next to her, staring at his suit with his shoulder pressed against the wall.

Henry had freshened up and was wearing a jacket over his prison uniform. Juliet didn't really want him to go, but he did have to go back to Iron Heights — unfortunately. She could always tell that Barry was happier when his dad was around. He always got more of a sparkle in his eyes.