SIX

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER SIXyou can't outrun feelings, and youcertainly can't outrun poisonous gas —juliet st

CHAPTER SIX
you can't outrun feelings, and you
certainly can't outrun poisonous gas —
juliet st. james is living proof!

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET HATED THE way Barry Allen made her feel.

She hated the way her heart raced, the way her mind spun, and the way butterflies swarmed her stomach when she was around him. She also hated the pangs of jealousy she got every time he looked at Iris with so much adoration, wishing that even for a second he would glance at her in that way.

For years, Juliet had tried to run away from her feelings for Barry. It was never going to happen, so why did she even bother? All it did was cause her sadness, and at one point, it made her start to even resent Iris. Juliet soon snapped out of that because it was ridiculous, but her stupid love for Barry Allen was still there. However, there are apparently some things that she couldn't outrun and always managed to catch up with her, and her feelings was exactly that.

"Regular movie scale, that was a seven or an eight," Barry announced. "Zombie movie scale, it was like, a four, tops."

Currently, Juliet, Barry, and Iris were in downtown Central City. They had gone out for the night to get dinner and then watch a movie. The three of them were now walking on the sidewalk outside of the movie theater.

"There's a zombie movie scale?" Iris asked with a laugh, still eating some of the popcorn her and Juliet were sharing.

"Did you know that zombies exist in nature?" Barry continued excitedly. "There's a species of fungi that infects ants, causing the ants to attack plants that can release spores which in turn infect new hosts."

Juliet rolled her eyes playfully. "Barry, I love science too, but you're doing the thing again."

Barry sighed. "I'm going full nerd again, aren't I?"

"I will share the sentiment with you when we're back in our lab, not discussing movie ratings."

"It's okay, though," Iris told him. "You are still the second cutest nerd that I know."

Barry whirled to look at her. "Second? Who's the first."

"Juliet."

The girl in question then smiled triumphantly. "Ha."

Barry glared at her jokingly. "Shut up, J."