NINE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER NINE
cool down

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

JULIET LOVED BEING a superhero. She loved saving people in extraordinary ways and being looked up to even though her other persona had only been in the city for a short amount of time. However, the one thing she didn't like was the same one she shared with being a CSI — things getting interrupted.

She sat there on her couch, eating some of the chocolate chip cookies she had baked. Even after their whole conversation about Barry, Iris had still invited Felicity to do a trivia night at Jitters with her, Barry, and Eddie, obviously going for a double date sort of vibe. Juliet couldn't deny that she was upset, because she was, but she wasn't going to make a huge deal out of it.

Juliet was absentmindedly flicking through the channels on her TV when her phone buzzed. She looked down at the screen to see it was a text from Barry, saying that someone had spotted Snart on the streets by the Hall of Heroes. Juliet quickly teleported to S.T.A.R. Labs (where no one was in the cortex — strange), got into her suit, and went to the place where she knew the Hall of Heroes was.

She stopped on the sidewalk and saw that Snart, carrying a strange looking gun, walking quickly into a museum where Juliet knew a lot of precious items were kept. Juliet teleported inside the museum and saw that Joe was about to get hit by a stream of blue light coming out of the gun. It was strange — it looked to Juliet like it was a stream of ice.

However, before she could do anything, Barry in his suit ran up. He went to go run Joe away, but when he got hit with the blue stream, he ricocheted back. Both Joe and Barry landed on the floor in opposite directions. Juliet kept her gaze on Snart in his weird goggles, red energy starting to travel up and down her arms.

"You okay?" Joe asked.

Barry let out noises of pain, and Juliet looked down to see a patch of ice on his suit. "It burns."

Snart pointed his gun at Juliet. As soon as she pulled the trigger, she held up her hands, creating a forceful wall of scarlet energy. The ice stream hit it but was instantly melted by her energy. However, the longer it was on the energy, the more it started to break through. Juliet stared at the hole forming in her wall, slightly scared, before she let go and ducked. Snart then moved his stream towards Barry, who instantly ran away.

He looked up at the higher level. "Time for a test run. Let's see how fast you are."

As Barry ran with his yellow lightning following him, Snart tried to catch him with the ice. Juliet backed up towards Joe and helped him off the ground, willing her energy to calm down for now.