TWENTY-TWO

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOscarlet's got it

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
scarlet's got it

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

IF SHE WAS being quite honest, Juliet St. James had absolutely no idea how she got Oliver Queen to like her.

According to pretty much everyone else, Oliver was brooding, guarded, and barely cracked a smile unless around the people who managed to chip at his tough exterior. Yet here Juliet was, knowing him for only so long, exchanging phone calls filled with flirts and laughter and exchanges of how they should definitely see each other soon.

But as much as Oliver Queen was stuck in Juliet's mind, someone else always managed to worm their way back in. Barry. Her feelings for him were always there, but the prominent feeling that stuck out when she thought about him wasn't romantic this time (even though that was still up-front). Instead, it was concern.

He had been beating himself up over letting the man in the yellow suit get away and not being the fastest man alive anymore. Juliet could tell that it was taking a toll on him. And especially after confessing to Iris that he loved her, Juliet watched as Barry got more and more closed off. He started to put his mind only in training, hoping to get faster.

Juliet stood on the airplane runway, the very same one that they had used their powers for the first time on. Her arms were crossed as she watched a drone fly after the flash of yellow lightning that was Barry, occasionally shooting missiles at him to dodge. Cisco was the one in charge of controlling this drone while Juliet, Caitlin, and Dr. Wells observed.

"That was too close," Caitlin scolded Cisco.

"He told me to make it hard," Cisco argued.

"Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead."

"Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry's speed," Dr. Wells stated.

"Cisco, you gonna bring it or what?" Barry asked through the comms.

Juliet shared an exasperated look with Caitlin. Oh boy.

"Bring it," Dr. Wells confirmed.

Juliet saw a much larger missile fly off of the drone. Barry ran away from it, but got blown back from the explosion as it hit the ground. Juliet slightly winced as she saw him get up. However, as the drone continued to fly at him, Barry didn't move.