THIRTY

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘

CHAPTER THIRTYflash from the past and a reality-alterer

CHAPTER THIRTY
flash from the past and a
reality-alterer

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

THE ROLLING DUST cloud consumed where Juliet, Barry, and Caitlin were standing. She had teleported them far enough away so they weren't completely covered, but some of the dust from the edge had come over them. Juliet felt Barry grab her and turn her head into his chest. She held onto him tight as the dust settled.

"Juliet," Dr. Wells' voice echoed from over the comms. "Barry, what happened out there?"

"Are you guys okay?" Cisco asked.

Barry pulled Juliet away and looked down at her, placing his gloved hands on either side of her face. "Are you okay?"

"I'm — I'm fine," Juliet answered, her heart racing against her chest. She looked over at Caitlin, who was coughing. "Caitlin?"

"I'm fine," she replied.

"I think we're all good," Juliet told Dr. Wells and Cisco.

Caitlin looked out at the huge cloud that was fiery. "Oh, God. The nuclear explosion. There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, this can't be," Cisco voiced. "The Geiger counter in the suits, it's reading less than one millirad."

"But that's normal," Barry said.

"There's no radiation," Dr. Wells announced.

Juliet looked at the other two and held out her hands to them. "Come on."

Barry and Caitlin took her hands. Juliet closed her eyes and concentrated on all three of them, and she teleported them back to the spot where they had left Ronnie-Stein. There was a huge crater where the explosion happened, and they were standing on top of a hill. Together, the three of them carefully walked down the hill to the smoking center.

"Did it work?" Cisco questioned. "Did you separate them?"

"I'm not sure," Juliet replied.

Some of the smoke clear. Ronnie-Stein's body was laying down on the ground in ripped clothes, groaning slightly.

"Ronnie?" Caitlin began.