Part 9

When I reach the bathroom Lylah is already there, hands on her knees as she pants.

"Did you run here?!" I ask her in concern as I approach.

"Uh, yes! I need to know what the hell Trent did!" She places her hands on my shoulders, lightly shaking me with an urgent look on her face.

"Ugh, he just tried to grab my leg. But I got up before he did and asked to go the restroom,"

She grimaces, brows creasing in disgust. "That's gross, Ash. I would say report this to the counseling office but they won't do jack shit."

"Why not?" I ask in confusion.

"Because Trent tried the same thing with me and they didn't lift a finger to help," Wren seemingly appears out of nowhere, making both of us jump.

"Jesus, Wren. I told you to stop doing that," Lylah says, putting her hands on her hips.

"Sorry not sorry, boo." Wren leans against the wall, examining his nails unapologetically.

"Wait, so Trent was bothering you too?" I ask.

"Yeah, but it didn't go very far." Wren nods solemnly. "Once I realized the school wasn't going to do anything about it I switched my classes to avoid him,"

"But we're already weeks in, Wren. He can't switch his classes anymore!" Lylah's hands grasp her red mane in distress.

"It's okay guys. I'll just avoid him-" I offer, not wanting to burden my friends with my problems.

"Wait, no no no, hold on." Lylah puts up her hand to stop me, the look on her face saying she has an idea. "Why don't you tell Daemon?"

They both seem to like the idea, looking to me expectantly to see if I approve.

"I-I don't know," I absent-mindedly grasp the back of my neck, a nervous habit of mine. "He won't care," I definitely don't think Daemon will want to help me. I mean this morning, he seemed...different, but he's so hard to read, I don't understand what he's looking at me with now--but what can it be besides hatred or annoyance?

"He might. You could ask?" Wren pushes.

I shake my head. I don't want to embarrass myself by asking Daemon to interfere in some petty high school drama just to be refused. "No, I don't think it's a good idea,"

They seem adamant about getting me to tell at least someone, even asking if I'll tell Alpha Lucien. I strongly put that suggestion down. Trent hasn't done anything that I can really call incriminating. Sure. his presence is an inconvenience but a minor one at most. I don't want to cause a fuss over nothing.

And to be honest, I'm afraid to ask for help. I'll just sound like I'm complaining about what Lucien's been so generous to grant me--the ability to go to school in the first place. I don't want to bother Lucien with something so insignificant. I'm sure the head alpha of the pack has much more serious and important matters to deal with.

"I-It's fine, really. I appreciate your help but I'm gonna just try to deal with it on my own," I tell them, patting both their arms in gratitude.

"Alright, Ash. We won't pressure you anymore if that's your decision," Lylah hugs me fiercely and I gratefully hug her back. I can't remember the last time I received a proper hug. Lucien gives me awkward half-ones, I know he's just trying to respect my personal space but I wouldn't mind a bigger hug. But I don't speak up because of how awkward the topic is.

"Hey, I want in!" Wren joins in on the hug and we all start laughing, stumbling against each other as we almost lose our footing. I can imagine how weird we look, all laughing as we form a huddled circle in the bathroom.