Part 47

pic of Lucien. I also put it in chapter 5 but in case u didn't see :)

"He's awake,"

Tristan comes into the kitchen where Wren and I sit. My eyes widen and I jump out of my seat.

"H-How is he?" I ask, my heart clenched in worry. I've been stuck at Tristan's house for two days since he picked up a comatose Lucien and very distressed me from the hospital. I didn't dare go back to the house for fear of Theo finding me. Which was a valid worry, because Vaela contacted me and said he was furious when he woke up. He's been trying to find Lucien and I ever since.

"He's better. Your nurse friend dropped off some supplies to help his recovery. I...also told him everything that's gone down. He wants to speak with you, Ash."

I nod vigorously, not waiting for him to say anything else before rushing to the spare room Lucien was put in. Lucien! He's finally awake! After freaking months!

My body pulses with adrenaline as I burst into the room. "Lucien!" I exclaim, tearing up at the sight of him sitting up in the bed, leaning weakly back against the mountain of pillows Wren and I arranged for him. I haven't seen him with his eyes open in so long.

He cracks a smile. "There you are,"

I break out into a sob, running to him and practically collapsing on him as I bury him in a hug. "Lucien.!" I cry, sniveling into his rumpled hospital gown.

He pats my back, chuckling. "Easy on the hugs, my boy. Tristan's got me plugged with all types of wires,"

I jolt off of him, remembering his less-than-ideal state and sniffle as I apologize.

"S-So you know about everything? About what's happened with Theo?" I ask.

A grave look comes to his face as he nods. "Yes, Tristan informed me. I apologize deeply for what Theo did. I didn't think...I had more faith in my son than I should have. Him poisoning me to become the Pack Alpha isn't something I ever thought would happen. Goes to show how blinded you can be when it comes to your children."

"I-It's not your fault," I shake my head, "He never showed you...his other side."

"Ah, he was good at hiding it, wasn't he?" Lucien sighs, rubbing a hand over his face.

"Yeah..." I trail off, wanting to ask and say so many things all at once but I don't know where to start. So I just say, "Why did you want to speak with me?"

Lucien leans back into the pillows with a small grunt, folding his hands together. "Yes, where do I start?" he thinks for a moment, looking up at the ceiling. "Do you want to know the real reason I kept you here in my pack?"

"W-what?" I thought it was because he didn't want me to return to Dark Moon.

"I know what you're thinking. That I kept you because a wolf from Dark Moon would be a breach of pack security, and that I needed to keep an eye on you. I'm surprised you and Daemon actually believed that," he laughs. "I could have sent you to a different pack to be housed and cared for. I didn't have to take the risk of taking in an enemy. It was a dangerous bargain, what I did,"

I sit there quietly, confused. "Then what was the real reason..?"

"I knew you were Daemon's mate."

My eyes widen. What? "But how??" I question.

Lucien's eyes twinkle in mystery. "Hmm, alphas intuition, you could call it," he smiles.

I raise a questioning eyebrow at him and he chuckles again. "Just kidding. Hmm...I don't think I ever told you this, but my mate, my Luna, was very talented. She had abilities that allowed her to...see things, passed down from her mother's side. That's actually the reason we met. Young dumb 19-year-old me was brought along to her family's shop, which was esteemed for their 'visions', said to come to them through the power of the moon.