Part 53

After our big fight, things became so much better. I felt like I was able to get off my chest all the things that had been weighing on me since our forceful separation by Theo. I also learned the extent of an alpha's protectiveness over their mate, which is insanely intense, and now I know not to push his boundaries. It was unfair of me to let Jay go unchecked for so long.

I told Daemon everything about what had happened at school. How Trent targeted me and almost killed me. There was no stopping his vengeance then. He and Lucien had him expelled and put under house-arrest. Daemon wanted to banish him from the pack altogether, but the council thought it was too harsh of a punishment for someone so young. That was BS, in my opinion. Daemon seethed about it for days.

As for me, I've been working on my stability. Daemon helps, of course, ensuring I take my medication every night and that I eat enough. I hate feeling like a burden to be taken care of, but Daemon assures me that he loves me every time, giving me endless affection that practically makes me melt into his arms. I love him more than anything.

I've been trying to better myself in different ways, like exercise or reading, and while I'm no where near "completely okay" and don't think I will be for a long time, I feel like for once I'm just fine as I am.

I haven't spoken to Jay. My friends and I avoid him at all costs at school and since summer is fast approaching, I really don't think we'll have a reconciliation before then. Not that I want one. He crossed the line. I understand that now. And I respect and care for Daemon too much to ever let something like that happen again.

Wren isn't really allowed to associate with him either after Tristan found out about how Jay got him pregnant and ditched him after their hookup. Wren says that after he told his mate the whole story Tristan wanted to rip Jays head off. So yeah... Jays not exactly on best terms with two of the most feared alphas in the pack.

Daemon has also tried to lay off his crazy possessiveness, even despite looking like he wanted to rip off the head of an alpha that flirted with me at my work the other day, unaware my mate was sitting at a table just a few feet away. But he's trying for me and I love him for that. I also have been trying to shut people down more directly so my kindness isn't taken advantage of again.

Another good thing is I've finally gained some substantial weight. Gone is the hollowness of my stomach and the sharp boniness of my limbs. I've filled out my figure nicely and it drives Daemon wild when I flaunt it. The other day I wore a tight pair of shorts and a cropped tank out on a date and teased him the entire time. I got what I wanted eventually, because the second we got home and he all but ripped the outfit off and fucked me right there in the entry way.

I wear whatever I want, because Daemon can fight. I know that all too well.

And yeah, everything is perfect! Except...well, except for the fact that I can't shake the feeling that I'm being watched.

I try to ignore it. I mean, paranoia is a symptom of PTSD, so it could just be that. And I don't want to let my mental problems rule my life. But... it's just so there. Like I can feel it.

I haven't told Daemon, not because I don't want to but because I want him to believe I'm getting better. He's been so proud of me lately for taking care of myself and not letting the negative emotions take hold of me, and I feel that if I bring this up all that progress will go down the drain. He'll think I'm back to my crazy, fearful ways. And it's probably nothing. It has to be.

*

Daemon and I are out on a hike, courtesy of my new quest for self improvement. He doesn't really like hiking, but the second I said that I'd just go alone while I'm in preheat he sprung into action, grumbling as he pulled his boots on.