Chapter 14: Pause

Lisa's POV

"Lisa, I think it's about to start..." "I'm still unsure but with the timeli—

My hand slipped the phone and fell on the floor, I can hear the faint sound of professor kim asking if I was okay, and barely can hear Jennie calling out for my name.

So it started. The thing that I fear the most.

When I first realize I came back to the past, I tried picking up some clues why would the heaven blessed me a second chance to change my life, to change my future.

And so I realize, that I can do something for someone's future altogether. To stop this deadly virus from spreading — Kogue.

Korean Plague or what people on my first life calls it "Kogue", is a very deadly pneumonic plague that is transferable thru close contact. At first you will experience a similar symptoms as flu or common cold, that in most extreme cases it can cause high fever that can trigger convulsing and inside rupture, and worst coughing up blood from hemorrhage. In worst cases, people of before experience bleeding thru their eyes, nose, and even ears.

I've been asking myself since then, did the almighty gave me this life for this pandemic? To stop Kogue from killing millions of people? Could I do this? Could I really stop this pandemic?

I was too occupied by things in the present that I almost forgot my mission in this lifetime. But why is it so soon, Kogue started by mid march on my past life. It's still January.

Is it because I changed the timeline of this lifetime? How is this possible? Will the pandemic spread vastly? Will it be more severe than before? What if I get myself killed?

What if—

"Baby! Are you okay?!"

Jungkook broke my trail of thoughts as I found myself being held tightly with his big hands and was already in front of him. When did he come here? Jen and Hyun Suk is on his back as well, concerned.

"I-I'm okay," I said, but I heard Professor kim's voice still on the line but my phone was already on Jennie's hand.

"Jen give me back my phone, I'll talk to professor kim for a while..." I look at her but she's hesitating, "Jen.."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jennie asked me, and I nodded my head with a small smile.

"Baby I'm fine.." I removed his hand on my arm taking my phone back, "Ya'll start eating without me... I'll just talk to professor for a bit". I went to Jungkook's room alone to talk to Professor in private,

"Professor.." I stayed calm.

"I'm sorry I had you in shock Lisa," Professor said.

"It's fine professor," Close my eyes, breathing slowly to clam myself , "How did you find out this early?"

"We found out that there's a two patient with a mysterious symptoms similar to what you predicted in Busan Public Hospital today.." "According to the source, the patient was having a hard time breathing, and is now on close monitoring since he has a high fever," "But the other one..."

"What happened to the other one?" I asked.

"The other one was in ICU", "The patient couldn't breathe without the oxygen, and had already been in seizure earlier, they said that his eyes are already dilated... after his minutes of seizure," We both take a bit of silence, pitying the patient.

"He's already... brain dead?" I broke the silence.

"Yes, unfortunately.." "The doctor said he only has hours to live"