5. Selenophile(s)

"He was, in fact, a child of the moon wandering around aimlessly, in the dark bringing light, to everyone around him"

This is a continuation of the chapters : cryptadia and Mauve.....

6 years later:

The hospital of lost children :

The children at the hospital are assigned with separate rooms. They were not allowed to see each other or talk with each other. so they have never seen each other. Each one had their own nurses to treat them. But mostly they were cold and rude towards the children. They made sure that children are always sad and gloomy by saying sad and depressed things about them. They would say to those children that they are cursed and so their parents left them. the children are forbidden from happiness. They are not allowed to do any happy things like smile, laugh etc,. So the hospital seemed like a living hell for them at a very young age. Silent cries can be heard while passing through the hallway and sometimes screams of pain can also be heard and no one is there to ask about it. The children's fate was enclosed in their room, a dark fate and those who are working in the hospital made sure that their fate gets more darker.
That night was unusually very calm. The nurse who was dressed in a black gown
opened the door big white double door and entered into the room with a tray of food. The children were mainly fed with bread and sometimes accompanied with milk, nothing else. She wore a black cap with a thin white cross symbol on it.

The room was painted in a dull white color to indicate sadness with a large hospital bed on the middle. It had a big glass window which had white curtains on it facing the bed. The room itself gave a depressed mood, all rooms in the hospital are like this. The room was just empty and it had only one table which was the only thing that was not white. It was a wooden small closet which was in a polished dark brown color. It contained medicines.

The nurse closed the door behind her and looked straight. There her eyes spotted a little boy with brown hair, starring up at the beautiful night sky through the glass. He didn't notice her presence as he was immensed into the view of moon. She smiled to herself and called in a soft tone, "Moon..." the boy turned around with a radiating smile and looked at her fondly. At that moment she felt warmness mixed with sadness in her towards the boy. How can he be a curse? He was such an angel and he deservedeverything. But his fate was not mercy on him and she knew it. The nurse was a kind woman and she was the one who raised this boy. While taking care of him, she grew fond of him and had a soft spot for this boy. she was the one who kept the name 'moon' to him. she liked to call him like that. Indeed he was like a beautiful moon shining brightly despite of the darkness that surrounded him. He sat facing her, his feet dangling and she sat infront of him in a stool with a kind smile, keeping the food tray in her lap. Usually the nurses will keep the tray on the floor and leave immediately but as she was so fond of this boy, she always fed him. She asked, "how are you feeling today?" The boy's expression changed when he heard the question, He looked down with a sad look. The nurse furrowed her eyebrows and asked "what happened moon? Are you alright?" The boy didn't speak anything and thus it concerned her. She brought up her hand to his chin and slowly lifted it up and said assuring, "you can say to me". The boy thought for some moment and asked in a slow voice,"can I go to the moon?" Nurse chuckled at the question and she asked in a playful tone, "why do you want to go to the moon?" "To play with it", the boy answered blankly. "To play with it?", she asked, confused. The boy said in his innocent tone, "yes, the moon...... she is my friend. She told me she was alone and I said to her that I will come to her to play with her". She was fascinated and wondered by the little boy's answer. How kind and soft he was. He wants go to the moon, because he thought it was alone? The nurse smiled and said, "you want to go to her?" The boy nodded his head. The nurse caressed his cheek and said "One day I will take you there, ok?" "really?" The boy asked in a cheered voice, smiling all over. She continued, "yes, but first you have to eat this and sleep. I will take you there one day." the boy nodded with big smile and said "okay" Nurse then started to feed him.
Then later that night, the boy sat near the window and stared at the moon shining along with stars. This has become his daily routine. He found calmness in it. The moon was the only thing he knew and they both became friends by sharing the same name. He closed his eyes and sighed as the night breeze caressedhis hair. Then he said : "dear moon, I promise to you that, one day I will come to you and we can play together. Then I will never leave you alone, okay? Just wait for some time. The nurse has told me that she will take me to you..... and you know what? you look so beautiful from here. I wonder, how beautiful you will be if I see you near..." then the boy stared at it for sometime in astonishment and closed his eyes slowly as sleep drifted him away..... the nurse who was watching all this behind the close door, hearing what the boy said, stood there with a heavy heart...... holding her tears back, cause she knows the truth.... that one day he will go to the moon and that day is not far away......