27. Neikea

" when the grey colour turned into bloody red..."

A very long chapter :

Continuation :

'The smoke disappeared. When they saw in front of them, he was not there. Only the sword was lying on the ground...'.

What happened? No one knows. Ukiyo was more outraged and terrified by the sudden disappear of their future king just during the king's walk. This was definitely a bad sign as it indicated that something bad was going to happen to Ukiyo. The happiness that ruled over Ukiyo for the last 200 years vanished at that day and pure fear and confusion surrounded the people's mind. The Harvest festival which should be the beginning of a new chapter for everyone turned into something that they never expected.

Henningtons mansion :

After the sudden events, the Henningtons and the others gathered in Henningtons mansion for further discussion to find Vantae. They eventually listed out Ukiyo's enemies who they doubted would have done this to ruin Ukiyo's happiness. Lord Nissaris was absolutely terrified and irate of his son's sudden disappearance. Astrologer who had the same reaction as Lord Nissaris was boiling in anger of who dared to spoil his perfect plan. Furthermore He has already ordered the knights to search all of Ukiyo and outer lands and capture people if they find doubt on someone. Lord Sigmund was flowing in happiness inside of seeing how his enemies are rolling in anger and grief. This what he wants and he was enjoying every bit of it. Lady Cecile and others were in her room with Lady Cecile crying.

As the elders were discussing, Agust who seated among them in silence, completely lost in thought as he was so sad of his brother's sudden disappearance that drenched his heart more and more. he did hated his brother for how he was brought up by his egoistic father but never he thought of his perish and losing him. He already lost his first brother long time ago and he couldn't do anything about it. Now again his second brother is vanished his heart pricked with guilt again. To more of his pain, His mind was playing back all his old agony of memories...

'He saw the black carriage vanishing into the woods... his doey eyes were filled with tears and he sniffed his little pink nose. He will never see his brother. Never. And the thought made him cry more and more and he just rolled himself in the corner of his room and cried bitterly. How he could have let them take his little brother. he should have stopped him. he cried more and more as guilt strike his soft heart. After sometime, the door opened revealing his mother with a sad ridden face. she saw him curled up into the corner, loud crying sounds was heard all over the room. she sighed and came inside, closed the door behind her. she paced towards and sat near him. He still buried his face more in his knees that he was hugging to his chest to not face his mother. He didn't want to face anyone at that moment especially her. His mother gently stroked her son's soft hair and called out his name in a soothing voice. But Still Agust was not ready to show his face. His mother's eyes filled with tears more and she tried hard not let it roll out. With a sad pleading voice, she said, "please Agust, please don't be angry on me.. I am sorry for letting this happen.." and sobbed without her control in front of him. Hearing his mother breakdown in front of him, he lifted his head slowly and saw her with his red tears strike eyes. His mother who he always saw happy and positive, was breaking down in front of him. He wiped his eyes with his little hands and let them cup her cheeks. He comforted her in his small voice, " mom please don't cry, please don't cry, it is not your fault.. please mama don't cry... when you cry it is making me cry..." and he started to cry again. Looking her son becoming sensitive for her, she wiped her tears quickly, mumbling, " No, no, mama is not crying. Mama is not crying, my sweet pie, please don't cry.." and quickly hugged him to her chest and rocked him back and front. Agust cried more in his mother's arms and said in a sad puffy tone, " mom this is my fault. I-I should have protected him... I-I am a bad... brother..." His mother shooked her head fast and straightened her son to face her and cupped his face saying in low calm voice, " Agust my baby, this is not your fault... did you hear that? THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT... please don't bury yourself in guiltiness of something you didn't do... my baby.. nothing is your fault.." she kissed his forehead head and hugged him again. Agust sniffed his nose and buried his small head in his mother's warm chest. His mother patted him and continued to rock him saying its not his fault repeating in slow muffed voice like a lullaby. Agust after wiping his tears of his face again looked at her. His face was red and puffy of the hard tears. Lady Cecile gave her son a soft gaze at her son's teary eyes and wiped of the traces off his cheek with her fingers. Agust looking at his mother, asked sniffing his nose, " mama.. what will happen to him?" She looked at him more deeply with that question and she couldn't answer that. Even if she knew what is going to happen to her son, she couldn't say that to him. She looked through the window for some moment as if she was searching words to say. Then again looked back at him. her son's eyes still filled with tears were looking at her for an answer. She softly caressed his cheek, cupping them and said with a small assuring smile, " he will be alright.. he will come back... soon..." Agust nodded and hugged his mother. But her heart was stabbed with pain of lying. she just wrapped her arms around him and let her tears fall silently. Agust buried his puffy face in her warmth knowing his mother was lying and he would never see his brother again...