33. Thanatos

" This your first step closer to your end..."

Continuation of previous chapter:

The Hospital of Lost children :

The head Nurse Alice was very nervous as she paced right and left in her room. The Astrologer and the master both are visiting that night. This made her shiver in fear as she knows that the very important piece of the hospital has fled - and it was Moon.
She was sweating without knowing and she was praying this should not be her last day. As she was pacing nervouly, her room door unlocked revealing another nurse who was bowing to her and informed, " they have arrived". Head Nurse Alice visibly gulped and said in low voice, " I will come". Now she knows nothing can save her.

She walked slowly through the passage in the underground as the maid nurse walked behind her following. As they both reached the door, they were able to see a knight standing at the doorstep. The knight signaled them to come forward and he opened the metal door for them. They both entered into a hall where they can see that other nurses where gathered around standing in line bowing their heads low and two men standing infornt of them. Head Nurse Alice now visibly shaked in fear. One of them was the Astrologer and other was the masked man. The face of the Astrologer was dark as it was showing anger and disappointment when he looked at her. Head Nurse Alice approched them in nervous. "We were waiting for you, Alice... you came late", The Astrologer said as he joined his hand behind him. Alice gave a nervous look and she was like she will faint any moment. The masked man walked towards her, firm but slow pace in a threatening way. Alice stood still holding her breath in her place as he came near her. The nurse who was behind her hung her head low as she was scared for her life. She doesn't want to face anything infront of her. The masked man now stood infront of her only some inches away. She can feel his anger through his fast breathing even though he was wearing a mask. She closed her eyes in fear and accepted whatever that was coming in her way. The masked man talked, " well, well, I gave you one job... what have you done?.." he was eerily calm. Alice stuttered, " I- I ap-apologise..." "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!", He suddenly bursted out angrily cutting her sentence. This jerked everyone in the room except the Astrologer. He was calm and watching them. Alice now looked at the masked man straight, her eyes clearly showing undeniable fear. She quickly kneeled and begged, " I am sorry master... please forgive me... I don't know what happened...I SWEAR..." The masked man looked down on her and asked, " who was taking care of him? WHO?!" Alice trembled, tears ran from her eyes and she said in a tearful voice, " Nurse Betseth..." and pointed to her. Nurse Betseth paled a bit as her name rolled out of Head Nurse Alice tongue. Everyone's eyes fell on her. Now she is so scared. The masked man now paced his position towards her. She gulped and looked down at the cold wooden floor to avoid the approaching man. The masked man came near her and talked, " you looked after him,huh? Do you know how important he is?! DO YOU?!!!" And quickly his arm choked her neck. She struggled as the masked man's hands choked her neck. " HOW DARE YOU LET HIM ESCAPE?!! EVEN THOUGH KNOWING HOW IMPORTANT HE IS?!!!", the masked man jeered in anger. Nurse Betseth cried and struggled to breath her face becoming more pale. The Astrologer came behind and said, " leave her. We need her help..." as per his words, the masked man took his hand away allowing her to fall to the floor and cough.

Now the masked man backed up allowing the Astrologer to kneel down to Nurse Betseth. Nurse Betseth coughed as she tried to catch some breath. The Astrologer said, " we are not yet done with you to kill you. Well... we could have killed you here but we need you to do a job for us... if you do it, you will still get mercy to live..." Nurse Betseth panted as she looked at him. The Astrologer got up and called, " come in..." As per his words, a tall man came inside dressed like an assassin. The Astrologer put his hand on his shoulder as he stood beside him and introduced, " this man here... his name is Erin Gradys and he is known for killing people without any trace... he is a well trained assassin in field for 13 years... now..." he looked at Nurse Betseth who was looking at them, still in the floor and continued, " you... are going to help him by recognizing the boy to him..." Nurse Betseth looked at him with terror. He had hired a assassin to kill Moon. To Kill the precious boy. She looked at them speechless. "That is true... I have known that the boy is going to turn 18 next week... well according to this hospital tradition... those who turn 18 must be killed... and as the boy escaped and we don't have any picture or anything about him... you will assist this 'gentleman' here and search the boy with him... or else if you refuse, you die this instance... all your choice...." Nurse Betseth's eyes where filled with tears. This is a life or death choice. She just acted like she hated that boy but all in truth was she loved him like her own son. Every time she was intended to torture him, she hated that with all her heart and would secretly cry of thinking what she had done. Now they are sending her to kill him? How she can do that? She would rather die than kill him! But this was an opportunity for her. If she agreed to it she can save herself from these animals and while they are traveling she can think of a way to save him. She thought for some moment and said, " I will assist him..." this was the only way to save herself and Moon. She was taking risk but if it turned out good. She might ahve a chance. The Astrologer smirked and again said, " and.. remember if you tried to betray or escape... he will kill you at that moment...understand?" Like he read her mind. Nurse Betseth looked at him and nodded reluctantly...