17. Petunia : prt - 2

Continuation :

Ukiyo :

Usually Ukiyo was always in a state of celebration but that day it was brimming with happiness of the news that their 'heartthrob' will be soon a king. All the women and men celebrated the news and were very excited than the man itself.

The elders of Ukiyo were not so excited about the news. They were confused of why Lord Nissaris chose Vantae when he had Agust. In many people's view, Agust was the right one to rule Ukiyo than Vantae who was not matured enough to take big decisions. And as the first born, Agust had more chances than Vantae.

As there was a mixed reaction was seen among people, they didn't fail to discuss about it. Some elders gathered at the end of a street and were talking about it. "Why Lord Nissaris chose Vantae? Isn't Agust should be the one?", asked one. " we all know Lord Nissaris is very fond of Vantae. But in this matter, choosing Vantae is not right". " Vantae is an immatured bairn who is full of pride. The youth can celebrate him but we as elders know that he would be a terrible ruler", said another in an irritated voice. The other one said, " well, still we can't decide it now. What if he proves us wrong?" "Proves us wrong?Huh... we know how he is. He is the famous bearer of the name 'Dionysus' which means God of wine. You think he will care about state affairs more than his personal matters? That is the biggest doubt we plant on him....." as the discussion went on, a young voice behind them interrupted. " what are you talking about you?" The group of elders turned to see the red haired boy. They did remembered him as a jester. Elders smirked at him and asked, " Haven't you heard boy? Soon there will be a king to rule us". The boy pretended to be surprised. "Is it? Who?", the boy enquired like he didn't knew. One of them answered, " It is Lord Nissaris's third son Vantae. He is quite famous here". The boy nodded. To know their thoughts, He asked in curiosity, " May i know you thoughts about this?" They looked at each other for the question and one of them replied, " We all have different opinions of our own. But we still have a doubt that he is not the right one for us". The boy nodded in agreement. They, in terms of knowing his thoughts, asked him in return, " boy, tell your thoughts about this. Is it fair to give the crown to the third son when the first one is alive?"
The Boy smiled gently hearing the question. He paused for a moment as if he was thinking and calmly said looking at them, "Hmm... the first became last and the Last became first.... when the real one is hidden...." Hearing those, the elders got confused. Someone in the group said teasingly , " what are you blabbering? Real one?" The boy turned his eyes to the man and said, " you will know". The elders looked at him and bursted out in laugh. One of them said, " you are crazy". " Yes, he is really a jester", insulted other. "Well.. We are wasting time with this clown. Let us leave", and they left the place laughing at him. The boy smiled unbothered to himself. "Poor beings, still refusing to see what is infront of them...."

The whole day ran like swift summer breeze and the sun was already getting ready to take its rest. The River Thetis was shining golden in the sunset. River Thetis was the largest river in the south, named after the Goddess of water. The river was the main source of the south. Because of it the southern lands cherished in agriculture and trade. So it was often known as the real Gold of the South. It also acted as a barrier and a passage to the cities of South as it separated the south from other lands.

"Hurry Pangi! The last boat might depart!", shouted Mochim as he saw his friend running from afar. Before Pangi could reach, The boat started to move away from the shore. Mochim sighed. The last boat is gone. Pangi ran and stood near Mochim panting, " did we miss?" Mochim nodded in disappointment. Pangi formed a 'oh' in his mouth and said, " I am sorry". Mochim said, " it is not a matter. If we had to wait, we will wait". "When will the next boat arrive?", Pangi asked. "They said tomorrow morning". Pangi looked at the departed boat which was moving away into the distance as both decided to wait till morning, As they both stood there, looking at boat vanishing in the distance, " Do you need a boat?", a woman's voice asked. Both turned in the direction of the voice and saw a dark-skinned woman with white hair standing on their side, with a warm smile on her face. Mochim doubtfully said, " Yes". "Then come. I will take you on my boat", she said waving her hand to her boat. Mochim and Pangi looked at each other with a look whether we can trust her. The girl understood them and said, " Don't worry. I am a boat rider too. You can trust me". Mochim and Pangi thought for a moment and without any option, nodded as yes to her. She then said, " Follow me", and led them to her boat. Her boat was a small wooden sailboat. Only two or three can travel. She got on the boat along with them. As they both seated on the boat in a comfortable position, She asked Mochim, " how much will you give me for the ride?" Mochim looked at her for the question. Seeing the look, she continued, " well... I am a rider". Mochim took out a small pouch from his bag and looked into it saying, " I have.... 50 Fytys". " 50 fytys?", she asked with a stare. "Yes", he answered. Th girl thought for a second and said, "good. Then let us start our journey. Shall we?" Both boys nodded at her question. Then they started to sail in the mighty river. As the boat started its sail, the sun took a rest and the moon showed up. The boat sailed in the river, peacefully, like a swan swimming in the moonlight. Th breeze gently pushed the main sail giving it a lead. Pangi was sleeping at the corner where Mochim was sitting upright feeling the breeze gently hit his hair. He saw the girl standing next to him controlling the sail. The girl's dark skin shined in the moonlight highlighting her beautiful features. Her white hair was going along with her unique beauty as it waved through the gentle breeze. Mochim was stunned for a moment as if he saw an angel but broke it a second when realization hit him that the girl was staring at him. He quickly turned away from her gaze and pretend to look somewhere. " Why were you staring at me?", asked the girl with a smirk. Mochim said, " I-I didn't... I was just....." his mouth blabbered as his mind searched for a reason. The girl shook her head a bit and said " well... don't do it again" in a strict manner. Mochim felt embarrassed but didn't show it. He moved a bit away from her and got ready himself to sleep. He laid his head on the back of the wood and stared at the night sky. This time the stars were not there to see him. He just stared with a sigh and falling slowly into sleep. The girl smiled looking at him....

Ukiyo :

"Let the dinner be served!", Lord Nissaris said as he raised his wine glass. The servants started to serve the guests as they were seated in the long wooden carved dining table. Lady Muriel and Cara were seated right and the Henningtons on the left. Lord Nissaris was seated in the center chair. Near him, Vantae was sitting next to him Lady Cecile and Agust. Opposite to Vantae, Lady Muriel was seated and next to her, was Cara. The feast had various delicious food items which looked visually delightful. In the middle of the dinner, that was going on in silence, Lord Nissaris proudly looked at Vantae and said in a boastful manner, "I am so proud of you, My gem. You are the real golden charm that our family has seen after many years". Vantae proudly smiled at his father as he poured mroe wine into his cup. Others just continued to eat in silence. Lady Muriel rolled out her eyes and looked at Vantae giving a sharp look and asked in a teasing voice, "well.. doesn't the golden charm wither with time?" Hearing the question Nissaris's smile vanished. Vantae looked blanked. Cara chuckled a bit as she heard her mother's teasing.
Vantae asked back in snapping manner, " even if it lost its golden charm still it will be valuable for its luck, isn't it?" Lady Muriel raised her eyebrows and with smirk she answered "that depends on who handles it" in a monotonus voice and turned her gaze at Lord Nissaris. Lord Nissaris stayed in silence and sipped his wine, pretending to not see her. Vantae realized her reference and said in a firm voice, "well.. thank you for your concern that I don't need because the charm is taken care very well". Lady Muriel knows Vantae was pride bitten child who is exactly like his dumb father. She again gave him a teasing smile as if she was triggering and said, "okay" in a teasing manner. Vantae was losing his patience as he stared at her and she too stared at him as she sipped her wine. He was looking at her like he wants to have a heated argument with the old lady. As the situation was getting awkward, Lord Nissaris, with the intention of making everything normal, he jokingly patted Vantae and said " oh dear Vantae, I think you should go and take some rest, right? Tomorrow we have meeting in the morning. So you can go to your room now". Vantae nodded and exited from there giving Lady Muriel a warning stare. Lady Muriel unbothered by it turned to Lady Cecile and said, " well we will exit then. Thank you for a lovely dinner. Cara, let's move to our room shall we?" "Yes mother" and they both went away to their room after bidding goodnight to them. Agust stood from his chair and bowed to his mother as a sign of his exit and went away in silence. Lord Nissaris gave his wife a warning stare and stomped away. Lady Cecile now on her own, drank her wine in silence, thinking...

Where this is going to end?