13. The White Lily

"His soul died..... only his flesh lived a dead life"

Continuation of Tacenda: ( four years from then )

The Hospital of Lost Children :

The sun was getting ready to set. The light started to fade and the darkness begun to raise. The Hospital looked like a haunted building with its old and dirty walls where creepers had grown in the cracks. There was always a fog surrounded the building covering it even though the building was hidden in dense forest of tall trees. Some were higher than the building.

In the basement of the 6 floored building, there was a meeting going on. All nurses who worked there were standing in a horizontal line and infront of them a fat women with curly red hair wearing a black nurse gown was pacing left and right, looking at the nurses. She was the Head Nurse Alice. She was a rude woman, very very strict, very short tempered and selfish. Everyone in the Hospital feared her. With a burst of loud voice, she shouted in her high pitched voice, " Today our Master will arrive for the visit. Every little brat in those dirty rooms should look like they have rotten in sadness. No one should look bright. It's your duty to make them sad, make them grieve, make them more and more miserable. If he finds out any child being normal, the cared nurses would be executed". The nurses gulped. They know she is being serious. Their Master will surely burn them alive or decapitate them. Because they know what happened 4 years ago. With fear gleaming in their eyes, they all answered in unison, 'yes'. Quickly they all went to their assigned rooms.

Nurse Betseth walked to the room that was separated from others. She was a short women with brown hair that was bunned behind. She had freckles around her nose and cheeks. She acted as if she was rude, but she was soft and scared inside. Circumstances made her do things that she disliked but to survive everyday in this hell, she had to act like one of them. All she wanted was to escape from here. But it was impossible. She was assigned to the child her friend took care of. She was still traumatized about her friend who was burnt alive. She had rage in her heart about the man they worship as 'the master'. But she couldn't do anything about it. To take her anger out, she let it out on the boy because of whom her friend Died, she thought. After the incident, the boy was shifted to a room in the attic. As she went to the attic, she felt her surrounding changing from warm to cold, the attic was always cold and represented like some mysterious presence was there. It had an eerie silence but the nurse got used to it. She walked in silence with the tray that had bread pieces in her hands. As she reached the big double white door, she took out a silver key from her pocket and opened the door. It had a golden lock but it's key was silver. When she went inside, she found the room filled with the light that was shown by the full moon. Her gaze turned to the lean white boy who was laying on the bed. Her heart got heavy. 'How she can hurt him?', her heart screamed. But she buried that thought and started to put on a fake 'being rude' mask.

She put the tray in the ground with a force making the boy wake up in fear. "How pathetic!", she spitted. She went near him and saw his figures. He was lean, had a long fluffy brown hair. His eyes were soft and tired with dark chocolate iris. He was breathtakingly beautiful which made her think he was surreal. She was taken back by his beauty for a second until she shook those thoughts. He looked like a white lily in the middle of the war field, counting its days to wither. She knew he was pure inside and outside. Her heart wanting not to hurt him but to embrace him in her arms. She stood there staring at him, struggling with her own thoughts. Finally after a moment, she again putted that fake mask and snatched the bedsheet that covered and asked in a rude manner, "where is your shackles?" he didn't say anything nor his eyes met hers. It showed him he doesn't care anymore. He surrendered himself to sadness a long time ago. "Where is it you, Bastard?", she asked lifting his chin up. She can see his eyes that holded no emotions. Her heart broke but she continued,"Are you trying to be strong? You really think you are strong?" Still he didn't say a word, just sat their with his legs near his chest, his eyes looking at her. She swiftly turned her gaze and looked under the bed, finding the long leg shackle that was rusted. " Here it is!" And took it and started to chain his leg. The shackle was binded to iron knot which was in the corner of the room. It allowed him to walk everywhere in the room. That didn't make a sense because the room and windows are always tightly locked not letting anything to escape but the chains were tied to show that they are 'monsters'. She lifted his left leg to tie and saw red angry marks that were done by the shackle on his foot. Her heart did cried seeing it but she can't do anything about. She forcefully tied him hiding her face by not looking at him. "Monsters are meant to be in chains, not in soft beds", she said calmly. Then she closed the curtains so that the room may remain in darkness. "Monsters are meant to be in darkness", she said, walking to a small wooden table kept in the corner and opened its drawer to take something. He saw her in silence. She took some blue pills like thing in her hands and walked back to the boy. She kept it on the bed and ordered him to take it. The boy reached out his hand and took it. The same thing he has been eating for four years. He doesn't know what it was but he was sure it never made him comfortable. He put it on his mouth and swallowed it. It had a bittersweet taste to it and he was not a fan of it.

"Do you know how cursed you are? You are such a pain, a misery, a disappointment. You should know that no one loves you. You are meant to die in some days. Do you hear me?" Betseth whispered in his ears and walked out of the room, shutting the door with a thud. He sat there silently and tears started to flow through his cheeks. He can't do this anymore. He was living a life of a corpse. He wanted to cry very hard but he was not able to. All his emotions are dead. The tears were mere salt droplets showing him still his heart had little emotion. As he cried, he started to cough a bit rough, spitting blood. It happened regularly. He lost blood by coughing and vomiting all day but it happens a bit hard when he takes those blue pills. He looked at his hand now covered in his own blood that he coughed. He knows he will die in some days. That blood on his hands were the proof. He wiped the blood off his hand by a cloth and again laid in his bed, letting his pillows soak in his tears. His pillows are the only supporting non living object he thought as his companion. It knows that, He was waiting for his death eagerly. He is exhausted and wanted everything to stop. If the pillow was a human it would have solaced him and he too wished the pillow to be a human. But All he wanted was freedom and only death can give it to him he thought. He was waiting for the end. As he cried thinking about it and hugging his pillow, he slowly drifted off to sleep.

After some moments, suddenly he felt cold breeze hitting his sweating body. It felt like heaven to him. 'How?', and he shot open his eyes and turned to the window. The window was open. He quickly sat up in shock and saw the window being wide open. The white curtains were flying in the night breeze. He thought it was just a dream but it was not. He slowly got down from his bed, his feet touching the cold wooden floor. He walked to the window, scared and confused. As he came closer to window, he saw the nails that were used to seal the window were scattered on the floor. Someone must have break into the room. But the glasses on the window were not broken. With confusion swirling on his mind, he carefully peeped outside the window to see if anyone was hanging there but all he could see was tall trees in pitch black. He looked down to find that the ground was atleast 60 feet down making it not easy to climb. And there was no slab to hang on. He again backed his head inside. Now he was utterly confused. When he was thinking how the window was opened,

He felt a presence in his room.