Things you NEED to know

Hello everyone, I hope you all doing good.

In the previous chapter, I have introduced Families, knights, classes. It might have confused you a bit. I can see that. So I thought of giving you a insight about it. This chapter will be an reference for the upcoming chapters and it will show the significance each character holds. So let's start with the society order of Ukiyo.

Astrologer
|
Families
|
Classes
|
Knights
|
People representers
|
Commoners

The above given in the society order of Ukiyo

Let's not talk about the first place (that has different story to it. You will know it later)

Now let's see others. First, The Families. Families comes second in society and status order of Ukiyo. There two important families in Ukiyo who hold a powerful position in everything. They are :

1. The Henningtons
2. The Listons

The Henningtons are the main family in our tale. Henningtons are considered to be the descendents of King Sillirion, the king who conquered the west. They hold an important position in all the decisions taken in Ukiyo. They are next to the Astrologer. The head of the Family is Lord Nissaris and his wife Lady Cecile. They have three children : Agust, Moon and Vantae around whom the tale will travel.

The Listons are another powerful family in Ukiyo. Listons are considered to be the migrants that came from the south for trade. But later it is told that one of them married king Sillirion's cousin. The Head of this Family is Sigmund Liston. He has an adopted daughter Melina Liston.They are in rivalry with the Henningtons for decades. Even they had Civil War between them which was known as the Black war. The war was won by the Henningtons but both sides had devastating loss. The Listons were severely humiliated. So they are craving for an opportunity to demolish the Henningtons forever.

Next, the classes. The classes comes third in society and status order. The classes are groups who are divided by what they are best at. They have the rights to take decisions equal to the families but restricted to some. There are four classes in Ukiyo :

1. Volderwaals
2. Lioneers
3. Aeirions
4. Riserys

Volderwaals are known for their bravery. Most of the knights are chosen from them. Its said that their ancestors were the ones who helped king Sillirion to conquer the west. Dhaniel Volderwaal is the head of this class.

Lioneers are known as the sea masters. Because they are exceptional sailors. They are mostly traders. Rogan Lioneer is the head of the class. Lady Cecile belongs to this class.

Aeirions are known for their craftsmanship. Most of the buildings in Ukiyo were built by them. They not only are architects but also bladesmiths. They are making swords for the knights of Ukiyo for centuries. It is said that The sword of Spirit which was made by Val Aeirion from this class was gifted to king Sillirion during his coronation. ( The sword of spirit will be an important piece of this tale. It will be explained when we travel little more deeper into the tale ) Quinn Aeirion is the head of this class.

Riserys are known as the rebels. They never obeyed the rules of Ukiyo nor The Astrologer's command. They always do riots against the Astrologer. They live in the outlands of Ukiyo. Rebela Riserys is the head of this class. Queen Femila, wife of King Sillirion belonged to this class.

Next, knights. As I told you in the previous chapter, there are four Knights of Honor.

Sir Woodment - He is the chief knight. His ancestors has taken oath to protect Ukiyo. For many years, the position of the chief Knight was given to their lineage. He belongs to Volderwaals.
( only his lineage has taken oath, not others in Volderwaals )

Sir Gladrion - also known as the red knight. He has won the war of thousands, an important war in the history of Ukiyo. It is said that he has slaughtered more than 3000 men in various wars. That's why he was given the title the red knight. He belongs to Aeirions.

Sir Fitzell - he is infamously known as the rogue knight. He is the trainer for all appointed knights. He is ruthless and very strict. He has a rebellious nature which makes him very conflicted person. He belongs to Riserys.

Sir Cannin - He is the Commander of the Knights. He is also known as the white knight as he has restored peace in Ukiyo many times. He is also known for his wise decisions in difficult situations. So he was also given the title the Justice knight.He belongs to Lioneers.

Next, People representers. There are 10 people representers who are in charge of each part of the city. They are elected by Sir Cannin. The people who reside in those parts can say their complains, fights or need of justice to them and they will inform it to the Justice knight. If the matter is very threatening it will be directly sent to the Astrologer and the Families. ( their names and more details will be introduced in upcoming chapters )

And Finally all people of Ukiyo will come under Commoners.

I hope you understood this explanation. This will help you to understand the story even more better when we dive in deeper.
But..... Remember this....

These are just the 30% of the information that I have given to you. This is enough for now. There are many that you will come to know later.

So stay Alert. Any doubts, feel free to comment me. You are very welcome to use your own imagination for this.