10. Dionysus : prt - 2

"He looked like a winter flower, so beautiful yet... so cold and dead"

Continuation:

The party was on full swing. People dancing to merry music, delightful food making people forget where they are, Lovers raining love on each other, Women gossiping and laughing,Men trying to impress them. All that was seen is happiness and love in the air but with bit of chaos. Everyone was restless. This night was their night and everyone took it like there will not be another night like this. Vantae was enjoying his fullest. Eating, gambling, drinking, flirting.... all his tricks were on fire and as usual it worked perfectly for him.Women were swearming him like bees and they were just ready to do whatever he wanted. He was floating in all these pleasures and felt like he was a king. Wish he was a king. As one side of the Mansion was carrying all these, the other side had more calm atmosphere. Candles were lighted throughout the mansion and the passages. Moonlight falling on the big glass windows radiating the calm atmosphere. The music and sounds from the party can be heard but it was mild.
The Mansion had a huge library that contained thousands of books. It was at right corner of the Mansion, a perfect place to escape the world and its reality. That night the only person in the household who used that library, was sitting on the book table reading his favorite book. It was calm and unusually silent despite of the big party going on. With a sudden creek, the big doors opened revealing a maid. She said bowing to him, "Master Agust, your mother is calling for you". The called man looked at the maid and said in a soft voice, "yes, I will be there". The maid exited. Agust, now 21 years old has grown into a handsome man just like his brother but with more calm and matured nature. He was just the opposite of Vantae except the beauty. He looked like cold person with his pale skin but he was actually a warm hearted fellow. He closed the book, carefully kept it in its place and departed from there. He walked past many rooms, most are unused and finally reached his mother's chambers. He could hear the party music little louder from there. "Mother", he called as he entered and saw the lady, sitting in an arm chair, sewing a Butterfly in the cloth. He walked to her in a slow pace and stood in front. She looked at her son smiled at him asking, "Didn't you go to the party?" Agust hesitated a bit and rubbed his neck saying, " well.. you know I am not interested in any kind of parties or social events. I rather sit in the library and read my favorite book than spent time qith some drunkheads" She chuckled at his answes and asked," is it the true reason or is it because of your brother?" From that he knows he got caught. He looked surprised at her. She knows him well. With some thoughts in his mind, He sat on the big bed and sighed, fidgeting his fingers. His mother looked at him softly and continued asking," why don't you give him a chance?" A chance. The word did irritated him. He shook his head and said " Did father gave my second brother a chance? He was so ruthless to give his just a day old son to hell. Then why should I give a chance?" His mother sighed in sadness. She can understand his pain, frustration and regret. Because she had the same feelings.

The day she lost her precious son, she lost her importance in this mansion. Even after Vantae was born, she was just treated as a servant to look after him. Her husband never let Vantae grow a bond with her. He never called her mother but instead He would call her Lady Cecile. She longed for him to call her 'mother' but his father perfectly wrapped him in his hands and blinded him with wealth and power. Not only she suffered but also Agust. He was not able to forgive himself, regretted that he didn't stop his father even though he was just 4 years old that time. All he was staring at the black carriage taking away his baby brother and disappear in its way. That day he was dead internally. After Vantae was born, he was happy but not that much. The regret still haunted him to this very day. His father on the other hand, completely forgot him and all the love from him was given to his little brother. His father just called him for formalities as he was his first son but gave all the priorities to Vantae. But Agust never envied his brother but the way he was brought up by his father made to hate him. There was never been a good bond between the both. He was the only support to his mother and for her, he was her only relief.
As his mother saw her son getting uncomfortable about the topic, she kept aside her needles, stood from her chair and sat beside her son. She softly caressed his black hair and said in hushed voice," it's okay, my precious... soon everything will be alright and its not the time you stay angered especially when your engagement is nearing" Hearing the word engagement, a smile bloomed on his face. He said, "perhaps that is the second matter that keeps me little cheerful besides you". His mother chuckled and said meddling his hair, "the Gibergi family will be arriving here day after tomorrow. They will stay with us for the Harvesting festival and when the festival is over, your father will announce the engagement. I hope my future daughter in law will give you every happiness you deserve". Agust looked at his mother and answered," you know Cara, right? She is in love with me since childhood and I too love her with all of my heart. What else you want in a marriage beside two hearts that love each other for infinity". He said it with happiness beaming in his green eyes. " I know she will and she is just perfect for you. My blessings will always be there for you both...". "Thank you mother" and as he finished his sentence, someone knocked at the chamber door, lady Cecile called them in. The door opened revealing a tall man in his 60s with long face and a butler mustache. "Master Agust, I was searching you". "Sir Edmund, what is it?". Sir Edmund was the chief butler of the mansion who was working there for nearly 30 years. He was a strict, kind, a punctual man who always proves he is right for the job. He loved the family he workers for and had a soft spot for the lady and Agust. He took some steps closer, bowed to the lady and turned his gaze to Agust. He said in bold voice, " Master Agust, your father expects your presence with him for tomorrow's appointing ceremony of Knight of Honors. He told me to convey you and Master Vantae this message urgently. He said you shouldn't delay". Agust gave a nod and said " I will be there". The man bowed to both of them and exited the room. Agust turned to his mother and said " I shall go now, mother. I have to get up early for tomorrow's visit". His mother nodded and kissed his cheek bidding good night. Then he departed to his room.
As all this was happening, a figure was watching this from far...

Everyone is watched.