37. Orchid

Continuation:

Ukiyo:

The carriage stopped infront of the big iron gates of the prison. Cara and Noble got off and greeted the guards who were standing at the gate. One of the guards led them inside to the cell where lady Cecile was kept. As they reached the cell, they saw Lady Cecile standing there waiting for their arrival. "My dear children! How are you?", Lady Cecile asked in a bit happy manner to cover up her immense sadness. She reached out her arms through the bars and got hold on Cara's hands. Lady Cecile could see Cara's brimming tearful eyes. She said, " oh my dear, my dear Cara... Don't be sad. I am good here. You don't need to worry about me." And her gaze moved to Noble who was looking at her with the same reaction. Lady Cecile's heart burdened a bit looking at both of them. She tried to cheer up them and said in a light tone, " My dear children... It is alright. Do not be disheartened by looking at my situation... This is not going to last... As I said", gave them a small smile. Cara nodded back at her words and asked, " have you eaten anything, Aunt Cecile?" Lady nodded and asked back, " How is everyone doing? Where is Lady Muriel and Lady Nirsa?" Cara looked at Noble who was looking at her back at the question. They were looking at each other whether to say the truth or not. But Cara turned to Lady Cecile again and said, " they have gone to the Temple of Sikaroas to pray for all of us" which was an obvious lie. Noble looked at Cara but remained silent. Lady Cecile gave them a small nod and said, " well.. I heard it was a powerful pilgrimage. Let the one above hear their prayers and get us out of this misery..." She said this as she looked above. Then her gaze turned to Noble who stood there in silence and asked, " why are you silent my dear Noble? Is your uncle doing fine or is he troubling you both?" Mention of their 'uncle' made them bit tighten up. Noble came closer to the cell and said, " No aunt... I am just saddened by your condition.. that is all..." Lady Cecile smiled and said, " Do not be worried... Your brother will soon return with victory... Everything will change!". Noble nodded at her encouraging words. Cara thought for a moment and leaned closer and asked in a careful tone, " Aunt Cecile? Is Uncle Nissaris is hiding something?" Lady Cecile widened her eyes hearing it. She thought for a moment and All her mind thought was yes. But what he was hiding? She doesn't know that. Even though it is been 25 years of marriage, he never shared anything with her other than bed. She never asked him or allowed to ask him. She was never considered to be a human in his eyes. Then how she was supposed to answer that? She looked at Cara and Noble who were looking at her for answer. She sighed and said, " I don't know... Maybe... He never shared anything with me... I am not going to deny the fact that he hides more dark secrets that are inhuman to tell. But I never knew of them." Cara's eyes widened a bit hearing the word 'inhuman'. Is Uncle Nissaris really that cruel? Noble turned to Lady Cecile and as he was about to ask further, they were interrupted by a soldier informing them that their visiting time is over. Cara and Noble looked at the soldier then again to Cecile. Cecile reassured them and they both left the prison with the soldier. Now as they came out to their carriage still more confused then before, Cara's eyes landed on to a boy standing next to their carriage. He was looking at their carriage and he had red hair. As Cara was about to reach the carriage's door, the boy looked at her and asked out of blue, "Are you going to find the truth?" Cara was shocked a bit as she heard this. Noble who was coming behind her, heard this too and stood frozen in his spot. Cara now completely turned to the boy beside her. The boy looked at her and innocently smiled. He said, "well... Best of luck!" And turned back jogged from there in happiness without waiting for them. Cara and Noble stood there dumbfounded as they watched the boy disappear behind the corner of the road. Now silence and more confusion occupied them as cold wind blew between them.

Selin:

"How long this is going to take?", the Seller asked impatiently as he waited for the shopkeeper to examine Vantae's clothes. The shopkeeper was examining the clothes carefully and trying to feel the fabric's luxuriness. The seller was getting impatient as he and his henchman had already entered the city through illegal way so that they won't get caught in the check post. They have already met another two men who were promised to accompany them to Nymora. Before their journey, they were tend to sell Vantae's clothes to a local shopkeeper for good price. Now the seller was in the shop, impatiently waiting for the shop keeper to tell the price. The shopkeeper after a good examine looked at the Seller who had an irritated expression on his face. The shopkeeper said, " this clothing alone will get you about a 2000 gold coins. Except this brooch. This brooch can't be sold here. You might see another buyer for this." And kept the orchid brooch that belong to Vantae in the table. The Seller took it and kept in his pocket without acknowledging that it had a hole and waited again for the shopkeeper to count his gold coins. After counting them and checking them, he handed them to him. Getting them, the Seller walked out of the shop beaming in a big grin. He walked some distance and as he walked in the street, the brooch fell off from his pocket. But the seller didn't notice it and reached a dark ally where his allies where waiting for him with Vantae. The Henchman stood up looking at his master coming and asked, " how did it went?" The Seller showed the big smile plastered on his face and showed them the big bag of gold coins. All three's face lit up looking at the big bag. "Oh! This is our lucky day! This poor boy is bringing us more fortune than we can imagine...", the Henchman squeeled in happiness. The Seller laughed hearing them. The other two had same reaction as that of the Henchman. The Seller said, " as soon as we reach Nymora, we will be more rich than ever!" And gave a big laugh. The others too laughed along him. Soon after they picked Vantae and moved away from there to the port.