26. Eris : prt - 2

" Not to say that Eris, the Goddess of chaos played her game... in his and their life..."

A long chapter :

Continuation :

Two carriages rode off from the Henningtons mansion. Lord Nissaris, Vantae, Agust and Noble were seated on the first carriage followed by Lady Cecile, Lady Muriel, Lady Nirsa and Cara seated on the other one. The carriage where the ladies were seated was full of chats and laughs but on the other hand the carriage where men were seated was coming in dead silence. Lord Nissaris was still in tensed mood, Agust sitting uncomfortably near his brother, Vantae looking for way to change his seat to Noble as he doesn't want to sit near his brother, Noble not caring about the tensed atmosphere in the carriage, admiring the city as it rode of into the streets. As the carriage rode into the main street, Agust who was looking outside to avoid his brother, let his eyes fell on the same boy he saw that day of knight's ceremony, entertaining others. At the moment, the boy was smiling like a sunshine, playing with some poor children on the street. He was showing them magic tricks by which the children all look delighted and happily clapped their hands. Without his conscience, a small smile broke out in Agust's face seeing the scene and how the children and the boy were happy. The boy was something different. Vantae who just casually turned to his brother side, looked through the window to find the same scene happening. For Vantae, he was the boy who stared at him like he was staring into his soul that day when they were coming back from the meeting which did freaked out him. 'He looks different now', he thought and shrugged it off from his head without thinking any further yet after looking at him, to his quick realization, he gasped and remembered it was the day of that 'stupid' tradition. Today his life is on the line. Thinking about it, he started to sweat automatically and gulped a bit with sudden changes of fear in his face. Noble who was enjoying outside turned to notice the sudden pale change in his cousin's face and asked with a concern, " are you alright Vantae? Why you suddenly look a bit pale?" With the question, Agust and Lord Nissaris turned their looks to Vantae who was visibly sweating and turning pale. Lord Nissaris enquired, " are you alright?" Agust crooked his eyebrows at his brother. 'What happened to him', he thought. Vantae rubbed his sweat of his forehead and answered with a nervous smile, " No nothing just.. uhm the temperature..." Agust furrowed his eyebrows and said, " what with the temperature? It is fine". Vantae rolled his eyes. Lord Nissaris asked again prior to Agust's question, " what happened with the temperature? It is good..." Vantae was now more than frustrated. He understood that his father and his brother forgot it so he want to maintain that he was not scared and calm but internally he was screaming. Agust who was thinking of his brothers strange activity, widen his eyes in a sudden realization that today was going to be that tradition day where his brother is going to get burned as a crisp. Agust now understood why Vantae was pale. Vantae tried to manage, " well isn't it too hot? Is that I am sweating?" Agust smiled a bit seeing his arrogant brother sweating in fear, he replied teasingly, " I think it's not that hot to sweat..... Is it the temperature or... something else?" Vantae gulped at the question. Agust smirked. He loved irritating him. Lord Nissaris interrupted in a monotonus voice, " Leave him Agust. He said it is hot so he is sweating. Just don't cross question him anymore". With that Agust got silent but inside he was laughing. Vantae left a sigh of relief but still his fear was getting more and more as they were nearing the festive grounds.

Festive grounds :

Astrologer and lady Sira were already on the festive grounds waiting with the other higher officials the pavilion and people looking at them searching for their future king. They all were waiting for the Henningtons to arrive. This made Lady Sira more infuriated and jealous but she didn't show it and kept a poker face. Kord Sigmund who was standing along them, was very happy inside thinking about what was going to happen that day. As they were waiting, Sir Woodment slowly called Astrologer to a side separate from others to talk alone with him. Sir Fitzell was watching him and Astrologer separated from the group and having a secret convo. Astrologer after assuring that no one was near them asked, " did you do what I said ?" Sir Woodment nodded silently as yes and as they were talking secretly, the announcer announced the arrival of Henningtons. Astrologer got back to his wife and welcomed them all. They all were standing in the kings pavilion. Astrologer smiled at Vantae and welcomed, " welcome my king. It is very delightful to meet you" Lady Sira hearing her husband's words fumed in rage. Others were pretty suprised except Agust. He knows that Astrologer is always full of lies and deception and how nice he coats venom in sweetness. Vantae was a bit taken back and bowed to him. Astrologer continued, " My king, everyone is waiting for you to start the first harvest season of this year". Vantae's breath hicked a bit hearing that he had to start but he didn't show it. Then the Astrologer grabbed Vantae's hand and escorted him to the front of the pavilion to wave at the people. Vantae was starting to feel a bit anxious of how they are treating him. He did like the attention but this was little overwhelming for him. He came in front and just as he said, waved proudly like a king. All the people cheered loudly looking at him that it can be heard from heavens. Vantae was proudly smirked as he waved, looking at the cheering people.