41. The Aftermath

"He lost one and found another..."

(A long chapter)

Continuation :

He saw him disappear in the big waves... His eyes letting out tears of agony...he screamed out his name despite of the heavy bashing rain but it was too late... His friend... His beloved only friend has died infront of his eyes... He couldn't do anything about it... He could not save him... How cruel it is?! How cruel the fate can be?! Now he is alone... In this mission... How he will be facing others when he returns to Ukiyo? As a knight, as a friend, How he will tell them that he failed to protect his close friend? How?! How he will answer Cara and Lady Cecile's tears? How?! He cried his heart out as the storm continued....

The three boats rode off in silence in the calm early cold morning as the stormy night has passed. Some were sleeping, others were still in shock of what happened and few others wounded. Hobi was sitting in the last boat in the end like a ghost. His whole face swollen of the crying, still tears pooling his eyes. The burden in his heart it can't be shaken till eternity. He was angry, frustrated, sad and all the painful emotions in the world seemed to welcome him. His heart. He can't feel it at the moment like it got buried under the pain that made it feel numb or as if it was left with his friend in the ocean, drowned along him to the ocean bed. No one can calm him or nothing can calm him in this world now. He strongly wished it was him who drowned instead of his friend. Tears dropped again from his eyes. All the memories of their childhood ran like a beautiful sad film in his mind and he wished at that moment that all this was just a bad dream. He looked above the early morning sky as the cold wind hit his wet cheeks but it did not bother, the sudden cold, but gave of more a meloncholy feeling that he seemed can not escape forever. He closed his eyes gave a sad sigh letting his breath be wasted and mixed in the cold air. What else can happen knowing he has nothing in his hands....?

As the boats rod, one of the crew members stood up and shouted pointing forward, " There! A ship!" Everyone lifted their heads and saw a ship standing in front of them. All beamed and sighed in happiness. Hobi did not bother about it.

"Captain, there are some passengers boat approaching us. I guess their ship sunk during the storm", one of the crew informed to the captain. He looked through the window and saw three boats approaching. He ordered, " Get ready the additional supplies and blankets. Clean the deck and get some hot soup ready for them. Get the physician to the deck immediately for them to be checked. Notice our crew about the situation". The crew nodded firmly and ran down.

Moon was squinting his eyes in sleep. He had a pretty good sleep after the fearful night. He stretched his arms and got up from the bed even though he was in a half sleepy mood. He turned around with his half opened eyes to his opposite side to find the bed empty... again. He stood up from the bed, letting his feet touch the cold wooden floor, stretched more of his arms to clear his half sleep and gave a small yawn. Just as he stood there, he heard some commotion outside that made him wonder what was it. He walked to the door and opened it, only to find the hallway filled with people grouping there, talking about something seriously. Moon crooked his eyes while he saw them and looked down the hallway two find more people going up and down. The crew were shouting and running with hand full of stuffs to the upper deck. 'Is there something going on?' He thought and went inside the room and put his shoes on and corrected his shirt. He walked out and closed the door and paced through the hallway to find what was going on. He tried to figure out what people were talking but he cannot hear anything, just some shush noise that is all. He sighed and thought he should find it out himself and strolled to the upper deck. When he reached the upper deck, he was little shocked at the same time confused to see the scene infront of him. There were another lot people seated in the deck floor who looked soaked and wrecked and others helping them with supplies. He walked little to the side where he saw others standing and looking at the scene and found his fairy was among that crowd, standing there watching this. He walked to him among the crowd and said with a smile, " you are here." Joon did not respond to him as his eyes were fixed on the suffered people. Moon turned at the direction of his fairy's gaze. He saw many wounded ones and the physician treating them. Somewhere screaming in pain while others for supplies. How sad it was to look. Moon scanned everything there. Unexpectedly, his eyes landed on a certain one at the further corner. He was the most saddest among all these people. His eyes still bearing tears that could fall any time. He sat there, leaning his head to the wooden wall as if he lost something precious. His eyes were swollen red and his face was like a ghost that dewelled in sadness. Moon stared at him for sometime and thought of his state, unknowingly his legs started to walk towards the said man. He walked past the spectators and stroded towards the man passing the people sitting down. Joon looked at his human walking up to a stranger which was strange and he begun to note what he was doing.