Narcissa Malfoy X Female Reader Thunderstorm

It was quite the dreary day today. I was hanging out at Malfoy Manor with my girlfriend, Narcissa, to distract me from the storm raging outside.

I had never been fond of thunderstorms, the rattling of the house whenever the booms sounded startled me and reminded me of the day an F5 tornado ravaged my home town.

This storm hadn't been too terrible just yet, mostly just a lot of rain pelting the exterior of the manor. It made the air outside quite chilly and Narcissa had the fire going in the living area to keep us warm.

I had stupidly left my hoodie outside this morning before the rain came in and was currently waiting on it to slack up long enough for me to go and retrieve it from its place on the garden bench.

"How are you doing love?" I jumped when I heard her voice from behind me, too engrossed in watching the sheets of rain outside the window.

Narcissa came up behind me and rested a hand on my back, gently rubbing up and down to soothe me. She knew of my fear of thunderstorms and was trying her best to keep me relaxed until it was over.

"I'm alright. Just waiting on it to slack up so I can get my hoodie." I sighed and relished in the comfort of her touch as I remained staring out the window.

"It's already wet, just get it later."

"I'll forget it if I don't do it as soon as possible. I don't want to leave it out there overnight and something happen to it."

I felt a hand run through my hair and start to mindlessly twist a few strands as she watched the rain with me.

Finally the storm calmed down enough that I could quickly run outside. Narcissa walked out onto the covered porch with me and watched as I sprinted across the grounds towards the spot where my hoodie lay.

Just as I was about to grab it, the loudest thunder clap I had ever heard reverberated around me. It was so loud it made my ears ring and I dropped to the ground on instinct, falling in the mud and covering my head with my arms while letting out a terrified shriek.

As I fell I saw a tree in front of me light up with sparks flying from the branches as lightning struck it and one of the larger branches hit the ground, charred from the electricity.

As soon as I felt safe enough to stand up I grabbed my hoodie and sprinted as fast as my legs would carry me back to the manor and up the steps.

Narcissa was staring at me wide eyed in fear as I threw myself in her arms, hugging her tightly and burying my face in her neck.

"Are you alright y/n?!" She hugged me as close to her body as she could, trying to check me over even though I was pressed so tightly against her.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. It just scared me." My legs were shaking like crazy and I just wanted to go inside the manor where it was safe.

"Come on let's get you inside." We walked back inside, still tangled together as I refused to let go of her until my heart stopped beating out of my chest.

We went upstairs so that I could change into something less muddy. I kept glancing nervously between the window and Narcissa as I changed, scared she would leave me alone.

"I'm right here darling. You're safe now." I was clean and dry once more and cuddled into her chest, enjoying the warmth and safety of her embrace. She was the only one who could always make me feel ok.

Super short little one shot, just something I wanted to write because it's similar to what happened irl a few days ago lol