Seven Potters Gone Wrong (NM X reader) Fluff

"Death Eaters!" Someone called out, grabbing everyone's attention just before the group of masked individuals surrounded us.

It was hard to see who was who this high up in the thick, grey clouds as everyone started shooting spells, the death eaters trying to cut in and separate us. Hagrid flew on with the real Harry, the rest of us battling the death eaters as they tried to find the right one amongst the 6 other imposters.

I skillfully knocked two men off their broomsticks, sending them hurtling towards the ground as they fell unconscious. The water vapor obscured my vision as I pressed on, an icy chill in the air as the moisture attached itself to my clothing and skin.

The wind whipped by me as I searched for any others trying to attack me or the motorbike a few feet below, taking it upon myself to keep them safe as the rest of our group fought off the remaining villains. A green blast very nearly knocked me off my broom but I managed to block it, sending it back just as quickly and the man went down, disappearing into the clouds below as I righted myself and stilled my erratic heartbeat from just barely cheating death.

I turned back around just in time to lock eyes with a familiar figure, her mask and simple black cloak unable to hide her true identity from me as she swooped through the clouds around us.

She wasn't supposed to be here.

The masked woman was distracted by me as well, somehow knowing exactly who I was, and it cost her dearly. A blue flash hit her square in the chest and instantly knocked her from her broom, the device splitting in two and falling with her, disappearing out of sight altogether.

"No!" I shouted fruitlessly into the wind, forgetting the complications of what I was about to do and nosediving towards the ground after her.

She was unconscious and falling fast, the sharp wind stinging my face as I barreled after her as fast as I possibly could. I spiraled my broomstick to try and increase my speed, refusing to allow the other woman to hit the concrete below.

We were now below the clouds, muggle London coming into view. The city lights would have been rather beautiful had I not been focused on the woman free falling towards the oblivious pedestrians beneath us.

I finally managed to swoop underneath her and catch her limp body, holding her close to me as the realization of my actions unfolded in my mind's eye and I could release the breath I had been holding out of fear for her life. I straightened out my course and pressed on, the only thought in my mind being that I just needed to get to the port key. I would deal with the consequences once we were both safe and away from here.

The way was clear but my guard remained up, fearful of both the light and dark side spotting us together. No one knew of our relationship and they would have had us both killed if they did. It was vital that we make it to the port key before anyone saw us or had a chance to stop us from using it.

What felt like an eternity but was only around 10 minuets, the meeting place came into view. I pushed my broom to its limits, tears streaming down my face as the biting wind tore at my frostbitten skin.

I had barely even gotten fully stopped when I grabbed one of the keys that would take us away from here. My head spun and my stomach rolled as we were sucked through the portal and spat out in front of the burrow, the others having already arrived and the polyjuice potion wearing off.

We caused quite a stir, everyone spinning on the spot and gasping as they saw who was attached to me. Remus was the first to move, striding towards us with wand in hand ready to kill the intruder.

"No!" I shouted, sliding in the wet grass as I threw myself over the other woman's body, holding up one hand as I protected her with my own.

"Please just listen to me. I'll explain everything." I begged, voice shaking as I tried to reason with them. "She's not on their side. She doesn't know where she is. She's unconscious. I can get her out of here before she wakes up. We'll both go just please, let me explain and don't kill her." My voice became weak at the end of my little speech, tears sliding down my bloody and bruised face.