Day of the Death Eaters Part 6 (NM X Female Reader)

The rest of the weekend was rather calm, The Dark Lord forgetting about me as long as I was of no use to him. By Sunday afternoon my body had nearly recovered from the ruthless curse but I would be feeling it's affects for a few more days.

I hadn't seen much of anyone today other than Narcissa who routinely checked up on me to make sure I was alright or to occasionally bring me sustenance. From her worried expression every time she came back up here to collect the mostly untouched food, I could tell that she knew something was going on. However, she didn't ask and I had no intentions of relinquishing that information unless I absolutely had to.

It was fairly late in the afternoon but I still had a bit of time before dinner, deciding to fire call the headmaster and tell him of what I had learned this weekend. This had become our typical routine so I had no time to forget any details or potentially look suspicious spending too much time in his office Monday morning.

I waved my wand over the blackened embers and sat down on the rug in front of the now burning fireplace, crossing my ankles underneath my butt. It took only a moment for the old man's head to appear in the flames, greeting me like an old friend.

"Ah right on schedule y/n. How are things with you?" His voice was kind, grandfatherly, but his intentions were far from it.

"It's definitely been a weekend sir. My lack of information was a disappointment and they haven't included me in much this week. I apologize headmaster but I really have nothing new for you." I offered the man an apologetic smile, one which he returned.

"That is quite alright child. You are doing your best and I cannot thank you enough for your sacrifice to the wizarding world." He always did this, manipulating me into feeling like the hero when he was surely just setting me up for death.

"Of course sir. Is there anything else I can do?" I sighed, hoping to Merlin he said no and I could go.

"I suppose not. Keep doing what you're doing y/n and I will see you first thing tomorrow morning for class." And with that, the old man was gone and I was left alone in this house full of terrorists.

"Y/n?" I heard a voice directly behind me and jumped in fear, whipping around to see who had disturbed me at the worst possible time.

'Narcissa. Of course. She didn't see anything did she? She couldn't have. No. I had already ended the call. It's fine. Everything is fine. Isn't it?'

My mind and heart were racing a mile a minuet but I tried to keep a steady expression as I stood up and turned to face the older witch, angling my body in front of her to hide the still dimming embers in the fireplace.

"Hey Cissy. What's up?" I asked nonchalantly, trying in vain to keep my voice steady and the panic pushed down.

"Was that.. Dumbledore?" She whispered, fear evident in her big brown eyes.

'Shit.'

I swallowed the lump quickly growing in my throat, "Dumbledore? I have no idea what you're talking about." I furrowed my brow in fake confusion, making sure to glue my gaze to hers to keep from looking any more suspicious by avoiding eye contact.

"It was wasn't it? Y/n you need to tell me what's going on right this instant." She took a step back away from me and they hurt began tunneling its way into my heart.

"Ok. I'm going to tell you everything because I care about you. Just please.. let me get through this before you judge me. Deal?" The other woman nodded slightly, uncertainty still evident on her beautiful features and I motioned towards the sofa, each of us sitting down at opposite ends which hurt me even more. I could physically feel my heart hardening in preparation for what was to come. I was going to lose the only thing I cared about.. and there was nothing I could do about it.

✨✨✨

True to my word, I told the other woman everything. I told her of my double agent duties and how I was a spy for the light side as well as a spy for the dark side. I told her of where my loyalties truly lie, and how I had come to stay with them.

Throughout my speech Narcissa was silent, listening quietly as she had promised. My gaze never left the leather sofa underneath me, too afraid to see the betrayal in my new lover's eyes.

I finally trailed off and silence filled the air, the tension thick enough to cut with a knife as I waited on her to say something, anything. I could feel my body bracing for the impact of the rejection as if it was a physical blow.

"Did you.. ever.. care about me?" Those words caught my attention, gaze shooting up and meeting Narcissa's watery one as she quickly looked down at her lap and fiddled with her fingers. Out of everything I had said she was only concerned about whether or not our relationship had been true, the one person she thought she could trust in all of this.

"Narcissa I care about you more than I could ever possibly explain. It's true I was only here to gain information for the headmaster but along the way I met my absolute best friend and someone I am proud to be with. You are the only thing about my entire situation that wasn't a lie in some way. I.. think I.. love.. you Cissy." I dropped my gaze, cheeks heating up in embarrassment at my confession. It was true, I had known for a while but it never felt like the right time. This may not have been the right time either but it was now or never.

"I think I love you too.. y/n. I understand why you did what you did, and I certainly can't blame you for choosing the other side. I think I need some time.. to process all of this.. but please don't take that the wrong way. I just need to wrap my head around it." I nodded that I heard but was still stuck on the fact that she had admitted that she loved me too. 'Was she serious? Or did she feel like it was the appropriate thing to say? Did she really love me?'

"Of course. Thank you for not hating me." I whispered as we both stood, ready to part ways for a little while.

"I could never hate you y/n. No matter what." The older witch offered me a small smile as she exited my room, leaving me to my own thoughts.

'She wouldn't run off to Voldemort would she? No of course she wouldn't. She's not like that. Is she?'

'She could be scared after all that I admitted. Merlin please let her feelings for me be true.'

✨✨✨

I didn't see Narcissa before I left for the weekend, I didn't see anyone for that matter. At exactly 7:00pm I departed alone and made my way down the gravel driveway and towards the gates.

Right before I had exited the property in order to apparate I glanced back at the hauntingly beautiful mansion to see a solitary light on on the second story. It was Narcissa's room and there stood a figure in front of the window, watching me.

With a small sigh I spun on the spot and disapparated, appearing just outside the grounds of the school as I had so many times before. It was a drizzly, rainy night but I could no longer feel the water running down my back and soaking every fiber of clothing on my body. All I could think about was my second life, and how I had no one to turn to for advice in this potentially life or death situation.

A/N: Short chapter but it gave me a reason to write a part seven and this was just a good time to end this one.