The Werewolf (Hurt/Comfort/Fluff)

This is a bit of a long one so y'all buckle up (:

'Why me? Lockhart seriously couldn't find anything for me so do inside the castle for my detention? Why in Merlin's name did the man think sending me into the forbidden forest, at night, alone, in a snowstorm, to find some stupid plant he was on about, was an acceptable detention task for a child? I had worn shorts and a t-shirt for fucks sake because I had expected to stay within the toasty walls of the school.'

I pulled my cloak tighter around my shivering form as I continued to trudge through the ever falling snow. I wouldn't be surprised if the temperatures were in the negatives tonight and here I was, outside, clad in sleepwear, alone in an area I wasn't even allowed to be in.

'If I survive this I'm going straight to Dumbledore.'

The more I struggled to keep my footing in the deep, icy sludge, the more my breath fogged up my vision as I began to pant from the exertion. 'It can't be much farther now. I'm nearly in the middle of this godforsaken forest.'

Suddenly a twig snapped behind me and I whipped around, or rather my upper body whipped around while my legs remained stuck in the snowy lagoon. My eyes searched for the source of the sound, knowing there were numerous known and unknown horrors in these woods. Hence why students were banned from entering these trees without an adult present.

No movement caught my eye and so I hesitantly turned back around to keep walking, picking up the pace and kind of hopping through the snow. I was becoming uncomfortable with the feeling of eyes all around me deep in the trees, the thought that something was stalking me flitting through my mind.

My gaze darted all around me as I continued my trek, searching desperately for the Moon Lily I had been sent in here to collect for my defense professor. I had no clue why he even wanted the plant or what it's purpose may be, but the man had seemed uneasy about entering the forest himself and relieved to have me as a sacrifice.

A howl in the distance caught my attention and I stopped dead in my tracks. A wolf? There weren't normally wolves in this forest. Far too many magical creatures preyed on the large dogs. No, that howl didn't sound quite right to be a normal canine...

I began to think back to a potion's class earlier in the year when Snape briefly mentioned the Moon Lily being used for advanced potions that we dunderheads were incapable of brewing at this level. However, I vaguely remembered him saying the moon Lily is only harvestable during the full moon and my blood ran cold.

I slowly looked upwards towards the sky, hoping to Merlin I wouldn't see what I thought I would. However, my worry came true as I saw the abnormally large, bright orb in the sky. A full moon.

Another howl sounded closer to me this time, the sound now unmistakable as that of a werewolf searching for its pack. The howl sounded sad and lonely, unknowing of my presence just yet as the wind and snow beating down on us hid my scent well.

However, I needed to move and I needed to move now, before the creature found me and turned me into a light snack before continuing on its way. Completely forgetting my reason for being out here in the first place, I turned on my heel and began running as fast as I could in the slippery, icy wonderland back towards the safety of the castle.

Adrenaline pushed me forwards, the fear that I would hear pounding paws on the frozen ground behind me and feel hot, putrid breath on my back urging me on faster. So I ran, sliding and often propelling myself forwards with my hands as I fell forwards and my feet struggled to keep traction.

I stopped just before the edge of the forest, taking a moment to catch my breath and listen to my surroundings. As fearful as I was of the forest I was even more fearful of the large, open field in front of me as it offered even less protection than the coverage of the trees. If the creature was stalking me it would surely see my streaking across the courtyard towards the safety of the Hogwarts grounds.