The Alpha

This isn't focused around anyone in particular, it's just a concept that's been in my brain and I'm not motivated to write anything else right now lmao

Y/N is a female werewolf living within her pack and happily living her life as an omega, dutifully following her alpha and elders. However, things take a turn and she finds herself in a bit of a sticky situation.

Tuesday again.

It was my day to take the pups out to forage for berries in the patch. The bountiful berry patch was quite a ways out into the woods, out of the pack's territory, and was a space we shared with the others around us.

However, while we did collectively decide to share the delectable fruits and berries that grew around here, we still preferred to stay away from each other to avoid any potential strife; hence why the Vesper clan only went out on Tuesdays and everyone else had their specified day as well.

It was a good way to take the pups out of their normal routine and give them something exciting to do as we ventured out into the wilderness without the safety of the pack. Plus the adults didn't have to take time out of their day to collect such simple foods and could focus on their own duties as well as obtaining meat for us all.

It was my week to escort them out here and keep an eye on them just in case danger lurked in the shadows. Rarely creatures came this far out, the putrid smell of wolves in the air keeping them at bay so there was never really any sort of altercation. Nevertheless, pups can be pups, and being as young as they were they could not transform into their true form at will, should the need arise.

As I watched them bound around with their baskets in tow I caught a whiff of something on the wind, a scent just barely overtaking everything else in the air. The smell of an approaching pack.

I recognized it as the Lucretian pack, the clan to the East of us. It wasn't their day to be out here and so I was immediately on edge, sharp eyes searching the tree line as I waited on them to make an appearance.

The pups slowed their joyful running and went quiet as the smell grew strong enough for even them to pick up on, all eyes going to me in order to see what we should do next. I kept my calm to not scare the younger ones, the group moving closer to me for safety as my eyes remained glued to the direction the scent was coming from. I wasn't going to let them scare us away from what was rightfully ours on Tuesdays.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The alpha male, Alabastor, stepped out of the trees with his pack members behind him.

"May we help you?" I asked coldly, eyes narrowing as they followed the man walking towards the center of the field.

"Oh I believe you can little miss. You see, our pack has been growing quite small with this recent outbreak of the sickness. We believe those little pups of yours would make a wonderful addition to our clan." The man's yellow teeth curled into a sadistic grin as his eyes shifted to those of his wolf form. I stepped up to meet him, shielding the pups from him and willing to do everything within my power to keep them safe.

"You will do no such thing. Do you know how quickly my pack would slaughter yours if they found out you had taken their children?" I challenged, my voice unnervingly calm as my entire body bristled, eyes surly shifting to the yellow ones of my own wolf.

"Oh my dear girl, we have taken down that sad little pack of yours a number of times already. We will gladly do it again if need be." The entire group chuckled quietly, the air filling with the spooky echo of it all.

"You know I won't let you take them willingly.. Alabastor." The use of an alpha's first name was forbidden amongst the lower ranks and I felt a twinge of satisfaction as the man's smile dropped and a low growl emitted from deep in his throat.