"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 4

*Time Skip to December*

I had been attending Hogwarts for just over 3 months now, finding the transition far easier than I had anticipated with the help of my new little group of friends. Luna and I had grown as close as two people sharing nearly 24 hours a day possibly could, the blonde girl quickly becoming my best friend and sister.

She had finally introduced me to a few of the Gryffindors, including the golden trio and Neville Longbottom who had been petrified of my very existence for nearly two months before realizing how little I act like my father. The golden trio acted very similar, hostile towards me upon hearing my last name but over time the boys began speaking to me more and even becoming friendly.

Hermione however was not as pleased with my existence, her own academic reputation being challenged as I still had my smarts from attending Beaubatons for so long. The mousy haired girl didn't dislike me per say, she just wasn't fond of how easily I kept up with her in classes, especially alchemy which everyone but us struggled in.

Ginny Weasley had also grown more fond of me and I often found myself hanging out with her, Luna, and Neville on quiet days down by the black lake. Neville didn't seem to have very many friends either and enjoyed having someone to talk to about plants, my own knowledge on the subject quite extensive from my father attempting to instill the art of potion making in me from a very young age.

When I wasn't with those 3 I still hung out with the Slytherin group quite often, taking trips to Hogsmeade with them or listening to Mattheo describe in excruciating detail which girl he had hooked up with after the latest drunken house party. However, over the course of the last 3 months I had grown particularly close with my old childhood friend, especially during our semi alone time as alchemy partners.

Draco and I had officially gone on our first real date last weekend, eating lunch in Hogsmeade while most of the others had gone home for the weekend. We had quite a nice time wandering around the wizarding village drinking warm butterbeeers and while neither of us had stated our relationship status everyone knew we were more or less together, including my father who had much to say on the matter.

While he wasn't unhappy about me dating Draco, he still had to do the typical dad thing and scare the poor boy every time we were in his general vicinity. Draco had grown up around my father and was perfectly comfortable around the man, however, I had to bite back a laugh at seeing him swallow nervously at the sight of one of my father's infamous dungeon bat glares when the blonde boy had an arm slung around my waist one day on the way to class.

Father grilled me every time I was alone in his chambers about how Draco was treating me and how I was getting along in classes, making me groan and roll my eyes as I flopped down on his sofa in an attempt to escape the dorm mate drama. I knew he was trying to protect me and make up for what my mother could not do, but it was still annoying nonetheless.

I had just turned 17 back in October and was a legal adult in the wizarding world, yet the man still treated me like I was some fragile porcelain doll, ready to shatter at the slightest touch. I loved my father, I really did, but the man sometimes drove me insane trying to play both my mother and father.

However, not everything in my new life was quite so lighthearted. Lord Voldemort had been growing stronger these past few months, intending on taking over the wizarding world and destroying the boy who had caused his untimely demise so many years ago.

My father often confided in me details from their meetings at Malfoy Manor, the snake faced man himself as well as his most loyal followers conjoining there and hiding out until the time was right. I had learned that Dumbledore had acquired all but one horcrux and the dark lord was keeping that one safe at his side in the form of his snake familiar, Nagini.