NM X Reader (Hurt/Comfort)

⚠️Self Harm, talk of suicide⚠️

"Y/n are you.. oh love."

I startled as I heard her voice, whipping around to stare wild eyed at the older woman as she approached where I sat on the bathroom floor, my own warm, crimson blood splattered across my thighs, hands, the floor, and the shiny little razor blade clutched tightly between shaking fingers.

"Shit." I mumbled more to myself than to her, reflexively pulling my knees up to hide what I could of the mess and flinching away from her in expectation of a slap for dirtying up the floor and succumbing to such abhorred actions.

My eyes looked anywhere except at the other woman crouching beside me, hands hovering over my back and knees as if she wanted to touch me but was afraid of how I would react. I shifted uncomfortably, tears pricking the backs of my eyes and throat constricting as I worried my bottom lip between my teeth to try and keep my emotions in check. However, I was more disgusted with myself for allowing this to happen than anything else and automatically turned to anger to push her away in order to combat my fear of disappointing someone I loved.

"I'm fine." I choked out, pushing myself away from the other witch.

"You are obviously not fine." Narcissa retorted in a no nonsense voice. However, there was a subtle gentleness that just made me even more regretful that she had seen me like this. Nevertheless, I could feel the frustration bubbling up into my chest and in that moment wanted nothing more than for her to just go away and just let me wallow in self pity. At least that's what I was telling myself.

"I'm fine Narcissa." I moved to stand up, purposefully avoiding the physical contact I knew would undoubtedly break my already shaky facade.

"Y/n. You don't get to filet your skin and just brush me off. I'm right here, talk to me my love." Her voice was pleading but I had already numbed myself to any and all emotions, forcing myself to feel nothing as I squeezed out of the small bathroom around her.

Narcissa followed me out, calling my name but I ignored her. Grabbing my wand off the bed I effortlessly cleaned myself up, only then turning to face the older witch.

"I'm fine. See? All better." I shrugged my shoulders, pointing out my now clean skin and clothing.

"Y/n.."

I huffed in annoyance, pursing my lips but keeping my mouth shut, lest I say something I would actually regret in my emotional state.

"I just want to help.."

"Well I don't need help ok? What's done is done and there's nothing to talk about." I was losing patience and quickly shutting down, resorting to hostility to scare her away.

"You are cutting yourself y/n. There is obviously something that needs to be talked about whether it's to me or a therapist." I couldn't help but let out a wholly unamused laugh at that.

"A therapist? I don't need a therapist. Tried that already and we see where that got me." Therapy was a bit of a touchy subject for me. It made me feel like I had failed, having to pay someone to listen to my problems. I needed the meds but didn't take them, eventually shutting down altogether until both of them had cut me loose and left me to figure out my shit for myself.

"Therapy can be very beneficial to some people. But I would rather you talked to me. You know you can tell me anything." I hesitated at the brokenness in her voice, the way she subconsciously reached out for me but didn't want to push me over the edge with physical touch if I wasn't ready.

"I'm fine." I stated once again in a rather aggressive yet monotonous voice. In that moment it was the only thing that I could say without either breaking down or blowing up. Narcissa sighed, pursing her lips in frustration at my hostility.