Day of the Death Eaters Part 1 (NM X Female Reader)

A/N: This little short story will be in 4 parts and is already finished. It will be uploaded one part per day until it's finished. If you guys enjoy it I might consider continuing it! I quite enjoyed this concept <33. ⚠️It does get dark and there are warnings at the beginning of each chapter.⚠️

I walked up the cobblestone driveway of the infamous Malfoy Manor, alone. The wards allowed me passage and I pulled the hood of my dark cloak tighter against the foggy chill of the late November air.

This was the last place I wanted to be but here I was, walking into the hideout of some of the most dangerous witches and wizards in all of New England. The Dark Lord and his minions had set up camp in one of his most loyal follower's homes to stay out of sight of the aurors and I was about to join their ranks.

It was not by choice of course. I, alongside Severus Snape, had been tasked to infiltrate the hate group's weekly meetings as our contribution to the Order of the Phoenix.

Things had gone South at last week's session and I had acted without thinking, putting myself in excessive danger.

Flashback:

My potion's professor and I entered the large meeting room at the same time, taking our respective seats and awaiting orders from our "master".

The majority of the meeting was fairly uneventful, just discussing Hogwarts matters and Harry Potter's whereabouts as per usual. However, things took a major turn towards the end of the night.

"Now, I do believe it beneficial to have a.. younger.. member initiated into our ranks. Someone who can infiltrate student life more easily and do our bidding outside of this house without being suspected of anything.. fishy." The snake faced man's eyes roamed across the table, taking in every one of his members one by one.

Most remained straight faced and awaited his next words, although one of his more devoted followers watched him with lust in her psychotic gaze. Bellatrix Lestrange hung onto every word out of the wizard's mouth, her husband never batting an eye at his wife's obvious infatuation with another man.

The Dark Lord's eyes fell upon Draco Malfoy, seemingly satisfied with what he saw. I noticed the boy gulp in fear, knowing exactly where this was going.

I had recently become fairly close with Draco at school, bonding over the fear Voldemort struck in the both of us. As far as he knew I was being forced into this life just as he was and while we weren't the best of friends I couldn't stand by and let his life be ruined as his parent's had.

I had spent a bit of time getting to know the elder Malfoy's during my visits to their home. Lucius was very formal and professional towards me, polite due to my pureblood status and mild friendship with his son. Narcissa was kind, and I had the feeling that she wanted no part of this life for her or her boy. She was the only person other than Draco or professor Snape that I was actually comfortable being around in this place.

The older woman had spoken of her love for her son and had casually mentioned her fear of losing him a time or two without realizing exactly what she had admitted to. The more time I had spent with her after the meetings the more she had started to open up to me and even seemed to enjoy my company at times.

So when Voldemort decided he wanted Draco to take the dark mark and become one of his treasured few, I couldn't allow Narcissa to potentially lose the one thing she loved.

"Draco, I believe you will do quite nicely." The Dark Lord began before I intervened without thinking through my actions.

"I'll do it." I suddenly blurted out. I had never been this forward around the intimidating man.