"Runa Corvina Snape" Part 2

"Do I have to bloody tell you again Runa? Get. Down here. This. Instant."

"I'm coming I'm coming." I called down stairs. "Keep your bloody pants on." I muttered to myself so that my father didn't hear, throwing the last of my things into the large brown steamer trunk.

I pocketed my wand before laying my hand on the top of the trunk, focusing all of my energy into my palm and feeling the trunk shrink beneath my touch. Just a little bit of cheat magic I learned from a friend at Beaubatons, undetectable by the Ministry but flimsy and unpredictable at times.

Carefully placing the now toy sized box in my pants pocket, I took the stairs two at a time and jogged to the front door where my father waited very impatiently. The man had to be back at the school by tonight to prepare for classes on Monday morning. However, I was required to take the Hogwarts express with the rest of the students and the train would be leaving the station in exactly 14 minuets.

"Runa you do realize neither I nor the other staff at this school will tolerate your inability to be anywhere on time?" The man spit through clenched teeth.

"You know I don't have a problem at school father. Summer is just my time to catch up on sleep."

"Just remember, I will be only a few doors down at any given time. You will be on your best behavior at Hogwarts or you will have me to answer to."

"Sir yes sir drill sergeant sir." I mock saluted the man as I strode out the door with an amused smirk, seeing father's eyes narrow as he did his best to contain his temper. I was the only one who could get away with riling him up like this and I had no doubt he would do what was necessary to keep up his dungeon bat reputation even if that meant disciplining me in front of the other students should I speak like this to him at school.

"Let's go Runa." His long legs allowed him to easily stride right past me and into the empty alleyway that we would apparate from. Looking around for any potential witnesses I took my father's arm and prepared myself for the uncomfortable sensation apparition always left me with.

In an instant we were just outside the muggle train station where we would enter platform 9 3/4. I kept my head down as I followed the man to the wall we would have to walk through, both of us casually leaning up against the enchanted brick and awaiting the perfect opportunity to phase through it without any muggles spotting us.

Our time finally came and he pushed me through first, a strange feeling overtaking my body as I walked through the charmed brick. I stepped out onto the platform and looked around at all of the parents and children boarding the train or saying their goodbyes, the train itself puffing out smelly smoke as the engineer readied it to take off at precisely 11:00 sharp.

One group in particular caught my eye as I waited on my father to follow me through. There were nine of them in total and they all had bright red hair and did not appear to be particularly wealthy. As many of them as there were they only seemed to be sending two of the youngest off to school this year, a boy and a girl, both of which looked all too ready to be away from their large family for a while.

"Well here we are. The Hogwarts express in all its glory." My father appeared at my side, drawing my attention away from all the people.

"Yes, well, no need for goodbyes I suppose. I will see you tonight father." I nodded once to the man before trying to make my way towards the train, getting stopped by fingers tightly gripping my sleeve. I turned back around with a confused expression on my face.

"If you need anything, anything at all, you come to me Runa. I mean it. If someone is bothering you, you aren't feeling well, you're having trouble in classes, anything, you come and find me." I sighed as the man's eyes pierced into me, making sure I knew how serious he was about the demand.