The Governor's Pet

A Wentworth fanfic. More specifically, a Governor Ferguson X reader hurt/comfort fic.

'The things I would do for a Hershey's chocolate bar right now.' I thought to myself as I lay staring at the stone ceiling. The usual grating noise of the others in my unit filled the silence, Liz and Boomer arguing, Bea and Maxine plotting to take care of yet another lagger while Doreen avoided us all.

However, Frankie was unusually quiet for this time of the day. Her door had been shut for the past couple of hours which was quite odd for her unless she was tongue deep in a girl and it was far too quiet on that side of the unit.

Frankie and I hadn't been getting on as of late since she believed I had been fucking her newest little girl toy. I hadn't, but the other girl had pissed me off to the point I had taken the bait and used it to taunt her, earning me the number one spot on her hit list this week.

I decided it would be a good time for a shower since this time of the day it was normally pretty empty, my enemy seemed to be occupied, and the local pervert wasn't around to harass me. So, I dragged myself up off of the thin mattress and grabbed my shower bag along with a towel on the way out, hearing Boomer turn up the radio as a way to ignore Liz and I chuckled at their bickering. As much as those two fought I knew they'd protect each other with their lives; that's what prison family did after all.

The halls were relatively empty as I took the short walk to the showers, finding them unoccupied just as I had hoped. I hummed lowly as I stripped off my clothing, turning the hot water on and letting it steam up the off white, cinder block room.

I stepped under the warm spray and ran my hands through my wet hair as I let the water roll over my body. I could feel the sweat starting to form on my face as the heat worked it's magic on my aching back muscles. The joy of prison life.

The peace didn't last long at all, the noise of the shower curtain being ripped open startling me and causing me to spin around while trying to cover myself as best I could.

"What the hell?!" I screamed out before registering who it was.

Frankie was leaning up against the partition, a large grin on her face as her lust filled eyes roamed all over my naked body. I knew she had no interest in fucking me and I had no interest in her, she just enjoyed using sexual intimidation tactics and unfortunately they worked well on me.

"Get out Frankie!" I yelled, grabbing the shower curtain and covering myself.

"Hey there y/n. Still showering by yourself I see." The other girl laughed, moving her hand up to twirl the weapon she beheld, a homemade shank.

I gulped as I eyed the toothbrush with a razor blade attached to the head, eyes wide with fear as Frankie laughed, knowing the power she held over me in this moment. Normally I was thankful that they weren't sadistic enough to put security cameras in the showers, however, it did make them the perfect spot for uninterrupted brawling.

"Why so scared? It's almost as if you think I'm gonna shank you." I didn't respond, simply glancing back and forth between the other girl and the weapon she held between her fingers nonchalantly.

"What do you want Frankie?"

"Oh I think you know what I want."

"Fucking Hell. Just get it over with already." I accepted, clenching my jaw and sighing, ready to be done with this nonsense. If it meant a trip to medical so be it, at least I'd be done watching my back for a little while.

Frankie let out a high pitched laugh as she launched herself at me, pinning me against the wet, tile wall by the throat. The blade was poking into my jugular and I could feel the other girl's nose brushing my own she was so close to me.

"You're going to stay away from my girl yeah?" I nodded, swallowing and feeling the blade push deeper into my skin.

"I need to hear it." Frankie's tongue darted out to lick my bottom lip, making me curl back in both fear and disgust.

"I will stay away from your girl Frankie." I forced out through barred teeth, pissed at having to submit to her in order to keep my life. 

"Good girl." She whispered out almost inaudibly, starting to back away.

Before she could we were both startled by the other girl getting ripped backwards by her short, black hair, a strangled scream escaping her throat as she fell back. Frankie tripped over the lip of the shower stall and screamed again as her weight was held up by her scalp, the other person throwing her against the back wall effortlessly.

The quick movement made me lose my footing, sliding down to the shower floor as the water continued to rain over me and I held the curtain to my bare body. Fearful tears began to slip down my cheeks as I listened to the sounds of punches being thrown and I could see Frankie's legs twitching as she took the beating without a fight.

Everything went quiet for a moment and the silence would have been deafening had it not been for the water hitting the tile and slipping down the drain. The other person seemed to be done taking care of Frankie, heels tapping on the floor as they moved around.

"I trust you can get yourself to medical. Say a word about this and next time you will be leaving Wentworth in a body bag. Am I understood?" The voice was low and angry, scarily unmistakable.

Frankie's scrambling could be heard as she picked her bloodied body up off of the floor, surely nodding silently before leaving for the medical wing.

I pulled my knees up to my chest as my fingertips brushed over my throat, feeling the warm liquid leaking from my skin. I pulled my hand back to see it covered in dark red blood, nothing too deep but it had pierced the skin.

I looked up through watery eyes as the tall, foreboding figure of the governor came into view, lips slightly parted and eyes softening as she took in the sight before her. The older woman stepped into the shower stall and turned off the water, slowly crouching down to my level as she hesitated to touch me.

I held the shower curtain around my body as tightly as I could, tears still slipping down my face unknowingly. I didn't understand the governor's angle, she was never nice to anyone, but she seemed genuinely concerned by my current state and my brow furrowed in confusion.

"Shhh you're alright now. She can't hurt you anymore." Her cold fingers shakily caressed my face and I began to quiver from both fear and the cooling water on my body making me cold. I closed my eyes and turned my head to the side, expecting to be hit as Governor Ferguson was notorious for being quite cruel and manipulative.

To my utter relief and surprise, the same gentle fingers brought my chin back to meet her eyes as I continued sniffling. I saw hesitancy in the governor's eyes before she finally sat herself down in the water beside me, awkwardly pulling me into her side and holding me securely.

I relaxed into the safety of the other woman's embrace and protection she offered me, trying to pull myself together, governor Ferguson mumbling words of reassurance as she sat with me.

"I promise I will not let her harm you ever again y/n. I will keep you safe." I had no clue why she had decided to show kindness towards me but I certainly wasn't complaining, partially hoping this wasn't just a one off and tomorrow she would return to being the cold, heartless governor we had grown accustomed to.

We sat there for some time, the older woman remaining with me the entire time. Once I had finally calmed down and gotten myself together, I pulled away and stood up, remembering my nudity and going a bit red.

The governor looked suddenly uncomfortable as she realized the same, eyes darting everywhere except towards my body as she quickly left the shower stall. Before leaving the shower room she stopped, half turning to address me without actually looking at me.

"You will be placed into protection to avoid another incident. No arguments." And with that, governor Ferguson smoothed out her work blazer, cleared her throat, and strode from the room confidently, never looking back.

I was left standing there, wet, cold, and incredibly confused about the events that had just occurred.