Eight

"Since you cooked, I'll do the dishes," Katherine told Harry as she got up from her seat and began gathering their plates and cutlery

"No. That's not how it works," he told her as he stood up, clearing the glass dish with the rest of the Shepherd's Pie in it. He quickly put the lid on it and stuck it in the fridge, determined to be the one who cleaned the kitchen.

"What do you mean? That's definitely how it works," she giggled as she began to run water in the sink to do the dishes.

"You do dishes all the time. It's not your job," he pointed out, looking a bit anxious as he stared back at her.

"Who else is going to do them?" She asked, sending him an odd look.

"I was going to do them. I am going to do them," he told her and she let out a laugh.

"Why is that funny?" He asked, smirking at her.

"I don't know. It just is. You're a billionaire, Harry. Why would you do dishes?" Katherine snickered under her breath.

"I'm perfectly capable—"

"I never said you weren't capable. You just don't have to," she told him as she sunk their dirty dishes into the soapy water and retrieved a clean cloth from a drawer to wash them.

"You don't have to. That's not why you're here," he protested.

Katherine had heard those words from Harry so many times in the weeks she had been back with him. Though it didn't stop her from defying them.

"Oh, look. It's happening. I'm doing it," she said sarcastically, smirking over at him as she began to wash one of the plates.

"Katherine," he growled under his breath as his eyes narrowed on her.

"It will take me five minutes," she said as she began to rinse the plate once it was clean.

"I'm going to have my assistant place an ad for a new housekeeper tomorrow," Harry told her as he grabbed a towel and began drying the plate she just washed.

"What am I supposed to do then?" Katherine asked, narrowing her eyes questioningly at him.

"You don't have to do anything," he told her with all-seriousness in his tone.

"Harry, I can't just live in this house and not do anything," she told him as she continued to wash the rest of the dishes.

Also, she couldn't imagine what it would be like to have someone else living at the apartment doing her job.

"You can."

"You still pay me!" Katherine said incredulously, her eyes wide as she stared back at him.

"I do. And that's not going to stop," Harry told her matter-of-factly.

"Are you serious?" She asked him incredulously, stopping what she was doing to stare at him in disbelief.